• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Turnstile

ncfan

22 minutes ago, CRA said:

What site is that? Is that just 1st down? 

https://www.nfeloapp.com/nfl-power-ratings/nfl-team-tendencies/
yes that one was just 1st down.

im trying to find the other ones that listed the full snaps

teams are moving heavier and heavier to shotgun

https://www.the33rdteam.com/category/analysis/nfl-teams-moving-out-from-under-cenet-riding-shotgunnfl-teams-riding-shotgun/

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

There is absolutely no way you can tell me young is under center 40% of his snaps unless I am totally reading that wrong

Can absolutely tell you that because all the statistics and the film tell you that.

and that was was just for 1st down.

now I’m not sure if they don’t account for the pistol as being in shotgun.  
reality regardless.  He isn’t lining up any differently than a lot of teams do in 2023

Im sorry it doesn’t fit what You Want it to say.  But facts are facts Jack.

6 minutes ago, Basbear said:

This also happens too much for run plays as well.

By far for me the biggest let down is I thought the OL could play in the 10-18 rankings. Only the injured filled giants OL is worse. Panthers are dogshit at OL. 

2nd overall in false starts as well, just terrible. 

They’re awful all around 

Pass blocking is absolutely dog poo 2.4 second avg was right at a entire full second avg less than what the Texans gave up this weekend.

and run game has been the most suprising because that was the whole entire perceived strength coming into the year.  But they’re getting whipped.

Then all the Penalties.  It’s like Byron Bell all over again.

It has to be the scheme.  Has to be.  Because this big a drop off a cliff is crazy.

Then this goes back to Fitty.  Knowing you are going to a knew scheme and you have guys who fit the other scheme that may not be perfect fits.  Why didn’t you do a better job in FA and draft in finding depth guys who fit this system that could push these guys or take a spot due to fit.   it’s like there was zero communication with the staff and the front office of what the he11 was going on.
dropped the ball really badly this offseason with FA and mid rd picks 

Edited by ncfan
  • Beer 1

14 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Can absolutely tell you that because all the statistics and the film tell you that.

and that was was just for 1st down.

now I’m not sure if they don’t account for the pistol as being in shotgun.  
reality regardless.  He isn’t lining up any differently than a lot of teams do in 2023

Im sorry it doesn’t fit what You Want it to say.  But facts are facts Jack.

There is absolutely no way he is under center 40% of his plays.  That’s just not factual.    

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

There is an old thread where I found the % of each year for him.  I low season for Frank was generally around the 65ish range I think.   I think he was top 5ish in Indy and lead the NFL the year he was fired in SD. 

Bryce was no doubt going to drive it to Frank’s high end.  

I’d  be curious of Bama’s numbers. Don’t watch a lot of them.  I mean Clemson won’t even get under C on the 1.  

Bryce took like 7 snaps under center his entire time at bama or something like that. 

57 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but it is.

just because it doesn’t fit your narrative doesn’t mean it isn’t true 

Show me the plays where Bryce is lined up under center this season for the panthers. IF we are not in shotgun we are in pistol, not a whole hell of a lot of difference. 

24 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I just literally rewatched the first half and young was never under center.  Whatever stats ncfan is using is a complete lie.   Young is rarely under center.    

Now this was just shotgun% 

and I am assuming they are not accounting pistol as a shotgun much of that 40% is probably in pistol.

Now it still doesn’t change the fact that much of the league is moving away from being under center.

Philly was under center only 12% of the snaps vs 88% out of the gun last year.  
I need to find the site but after game 4 I tried to look into this.  And  there was one that listed us at 86% outside of center to 14% under center.  Which is about accurate and still under what the Eagles ran last year.

Also this jives with what we heard coming into the season.  There was an interview or PC where Miles Sanders said this offensive system is going to look a lot like what they ran in Philly.  The eagles outside the “tush push” formation, rarely lineup under center.  
Now Personnel wise.  Eagles OL compared to ours is like comparing our WRs with Theilen to Miami and Tyreek Hill.  Eagles have 1 of the top 3 OLs in the NFL while ours is bottom 2.  And if you aren’t winning in the trenches you aren’t winning ball games no matter the QB

Edited by ncfan

4 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Now this was just shotgun% 

and I am assuming they are not accounting pistol as a shotgun much of that 40% is probably in pistol.

Now it still doesn’t change the fact that much of the league is moving away from being under center.

Philly was under center only 12% of the snaps vs 88% out of the gun last year.  
I need to find the site but after game 4 I tried to look into this.  And  there was one that listed us at 86% outside of center to 14% under center.  Which is about accurate and still under what the Eagles ran last year.

Also this jives with what we heard coming into the season.  There was an interview or PC where Miles Sanders said this offensive system is going to look a lot like what they ran in Philly.  The eagles outside the “tush push” formation, rarely lineup under center.  
Now Personnel wise.  Eagles OL compared to ours is like comparing our WRs with Theilen to Miami and Tyreek Hill.  Eagles have 1 of the top 3 OLs in the NFL while ours is bottom 2.  And if you aren’t winning in the trenches you aren’t winning ball games no matter the QB

Stop comparing us to philly. They have the best OL in the league, a QB that can make you pay with his legs, and quality WRs. We dont have any of that. 

6 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Stop comparing us to philly. They have the best OL in the league, a QB that can make you pay with his legs, and quality WRs. We dont have any of that. 

I’m only comparing them systematically not personnel.

Those were Miles Sanders words to.

Also the numbers when you look at formations etc.  I already mentioned in that post you quoted they have a top 3 OL and we have a bottom 2 as it stands today.

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 1