• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We prob made the wrong pick BUT

Frank9999

1 hour ago, stratocatter said:

I really wish we had a rotflmao type of graphic. You will have to settle for  “like”. 

Someone said then the Teppers started getting involved.

They were the reason for the trade up. Tepper seemed to think that if you traded to the top pick, you would get the best player. It’s that simple. Like numbers. You can trust numbers. 2=2. 1=1. Always. 

Just like the 1st overall pick = winning. That’s all there is to it!

They actually seriously Planned and Paid (big) for this. THIS. Bless their hearts.

The decision reeks of someone who had no idea what they were doing. 

" We would have had the best player too if it wasn't for those meddling teppers! "

Happy Dance GIF by Scooby-Doo

23 hours ago, top dawg said:

Scary Terry didn't get the nickname for nothing. He's legit. The other guys are decent too, including Jordan Reed and pass-catching back Antonio Gibson.

You are not helping yourself by naming a guy who hasn’t been on the team for 4 years and another who is averaging less than 3 catches a game.

2 hours ago, X-Clown said:

You are not helping yourself by naming a guy who hasn’t been on the team for 4 years and another who is averaging less than 3 catches a game.

Ha ha. I meant Logan Thomas. Terry McLaurin is legit; any football analyst will tell you that. If Howell isn't getting him the ball, it isn't his fault. I can say something similar about D.J. Moore and Fields (and Bagent).  D.J. and Terry both have 47 catches for the year.

19 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Ha ha. I meant Logan Thomas. Terry McLaurin is legit; any football analyst will tell you that. If Howell isn't getting him the ball, it isn't his fault. I can say something similar about D.J. Moore and Fields (and Bagent).  D.J. and Terry both have 47 catches for the year.

Terry is a beast, no doubt, like DJ he has put up 1000+ yards seasons with several other JAGs throwing him the ball. The less than 3 catches a game comment was about Gibson. Jahan Dotson and Curtis Samuel are solid too. I can forgive you on mistaking Reed for Thomas, they both seem to be hurt a lot.

Edited by X-Clown

On 11/6/2023 at 4:50 PM, Castavar said:

Here's what I'm still not getting about Bryce.

What "elite" skill does he possess that will set him apart from other QBs? He's small, has a subpar arm, doesn't break tackles, can't even run him under center because of his height, average speed, etc. Literally his only thing he had over CJ was his "processing" speed, which oddly enough can get better in the NFL. You know what can't be learned though? Size, height, arm strength, etc. which is what CJ had over Bryce.

I'm just trying to get a gauge at Bryce's ceiling, because I just don't see it. He doesn't have the arm strength to CONSISTENTLY make NFL throws, and we can't even run him under center because of his size. Where's the potential, I'm legitimately curious.

Not to beat the hypothetical drum but I've seen lot of comparisons to a Brees type and if you look at Brees first couple seasons it was nothing special. Lots of INTs too. 
Bryce is prob not as ready for the NFL as people thought but he could still develop into a really cerebral awesome starter  

4 minutes ago, Frank9999 said:

Not to beat the hypothetical drum but I've seen lot of comparisons to a Brees type and if you look at Brees first couple seasons it was nothing special. Lots of INTs too. 
Bryce is prob not as ready for the NFL as people thought but he could still develop into a really cerebral awesome starter  

I agree, but I'm not holding my breath. I don't know if we can fix the line for him so that we can see. There have to be fixes available, and then our FO has to have the skill and the will to acquire them.

Edited by top dawg
  • Flames 1

Also I think Bryce arm strength is being a little underrated, Ive already seem him make some strong throws, the spin out to Thielen down field for example. His deep ball  its really hard to even get a guage of this because its just something we’ve down very little of but the guy has an arm and I dont get where this keeps coming from.  

Edited by Frank9999

Just now, top dawg said:

I agree, but I'm not holding my breath. I don't know if we can fix the line for him so that we can seem. There have to be fixed available, and then our FO has to have the skill and the will to acquire them.

Well its hard to predict, either he develops or he doesnt. Panthers NEED to really go super heavy on OLINE like never before. It needs yo be build like Saints built around Brees. 

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

You know, I have said in the past that I believed in acquiring quality vets for the O-line as opposed to drafting them. Nothing in the past 5-10 years has really changed my mind.

Yea i agree, and they have a lot of cap space. I want to see OLINE emphasized more than anything for a while.  

12 minutes ago, Frank9999 said:

Brees was also taller with a better arm. 
Bryce struggles to throw accurately at 20 yards. 
Never liked or agreed with the Brees comparison. 
I feel Bryce‘s ceiling is Bridgewater.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Brees was also taller with a better arm. 
Bryce struggles to throw accurately at 20 yards. 
Never liked or agreed with the Brees comparison. 
I feel Bryce‘s ceiling is Bridgewater.

Honestly dont understand the better arm claims, Bryce arm is fine. Marginally taller. Its hard to even say he struggles when they literally barely throw it down field. I think that is largely an issue with not even having the time for anyone to get down field

Edited by Frank9999