• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We prob made the wrong pick BUT

Frank9999

3 hours ago, Carolina Cajun said:

Bryce might become a good NFL qb, we still dont really know, hes 7 games into his career and yes he just had his worst game BY FAR.  The amount of people who are all in on "Bryce is a complete bust, complete trash, isnt good" on here is absurd.  Just because hes supposed to be a cerebral QB doesnt mean he cant poo the bed.  

Cam newton in year 3 games where he threw 3 INTs his rookie season, including a 4INT game.

Hell the guy we "compare him to" drew brees, in 2012 in the midst of him at his best had a game against atlanta where he threw 5 INTs and zero TDs.  For a rookie, a shitty game is just that.  He HAS shown promise, and he HAD been improving week over week all season till that game.

I do agree Stroud is prlly a generational talent, hes showing it and I did want him, but was ok with bryce.

Lastly, I'll just say this, You are huffing paint if you think that Bryce Young is our biggest problem.  We have huge problems on the line and at receiver.  We can be pissed at the team, the owner, the coaches, and the window licking GM, but over reacting to Youngs stinker is beyond dumb

If people want to argue that we made the wrong pick 8 games into their rookie seasons I don't blame them and I can understand with how well Stroud has done so far. However, EXPECTING a rookie QB to have the type of rookie season Stroud  is having or Cam Newton had is just asinine. The majority of rookie Qbs who turn out to be good take time. A lot of guys don't play right away or turn in only partial seasons.

Regardless of what was said 20 weeks ago in the middle of the off-season we as fans know we do not have a talented roster on the offensive side of the ball. We just don't. We traded away a top 10 WR and the best RB in the NFL and replaced them with Miles Sanders and a 33 year old Adam Thielen.

Come on guys, let's be real, let's use our brains a bit. This offensive cast is nowhere near where it needs to be for a young QB to come in and play lights out football, and I haven't even gotten to the oline yet which is probably our most overrated unit/collection of players besides Brian Burns. I could go on and on as to why Bryce is struggling. He's made some bad plays it's unfortunate 4 of his turnovers have gone for TDs this year. He's made mistakes you just can't make if you want to win consistently in the NFL and that's okay. He's a rookie. He's going to have rough patches. He likely will the rest of his NFL career, that's life as an NFL Qb especially one on a roster that's as terrible as ours is currently.

I believe people are overreacting emotionally because of what we gave up/passed up to get Bryce and he's just not ready to carry this team by himself yet. He probably won't ever be good enough to do that. That's why we need to give him weapons and let the overrated Brian Burns go play and get paid by someone else. We need to use that 30 mill/year on offense to replace what we lost to get Bryce.

10 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

Alex Smith could line up under center and do QB sneaks. 

I really wish we had a rotflmao type of graphic. You will have to settle for  “like”. 

Someone said then the Teppers started getting involved.

They were the reason for the trade up. Tepper seemed to think that if you traded to the top pick, you would get the best player. It’s that simple. Like numbers. You can trust numbers. 2=2. 1=1. Always. 

Just like the 1st overall pick = winning. That’s all there is to it!

They actually seriously Planned and Paid (big) for this. THIS. Bless their hearts. 

Edited by stratocatter
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, stratocatter said:

I really wish we had a rotflmao type of graphic. You will have to settle for  “like”. 

Someone said then the Teppers started getting involved.

They were the reason for the trade up. Tepper seemed to think that if you traded to the top pick, you would get the best player. It’s that simple. Like numbers. You can trust numbers. 2=2. 1=1. Always. 

Just like the 1st overall pick = winning. That’s all there is to it!

They actually seriously Planned and Paid (big) for this. THIS. Bless their hearts.

The decision reeks of someone who had no idea what they were doing. 

" We would have had the best player too if it wasn't for those meddling teppers! "

Happy Dance GIF by Scooby-Doo

On 11/6/2023 at 9:01 PM, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Don't you notice a lot of these posters have been silent all week long last week? Literally not a peep from most of them after a solid game from Bryce and a win over the fan boy CJ Stroud. Stroud goes off this week and Bryce has a terrible game and here they are out in full force meltdown mode. Most of these fans don't deserve to cheer for a winner and should remain miserable until they finally call it quits on their "fandom"

I enjoy watching sports and I root for my teams, but it's not life and death.  My team winning won't bring back a passed loved one.  My happiness in life is not predicated on a sports team's success, or lack thereof.  

On 11/6/2023 at 6:28 PM, mrcompletely11 said:

after we sign luvu and burns and probably brown our cap space is kaput and no offense but saying we might be good in 2 years isnt helping matters, this is a dumpster fire of epic proportions, we have literally taken the wrong road every time we came to a fork

As an Orlando Magic fan, I can absolutely relate to supporting a team owned by people who incompetently meddle in player acquisitions.  

23 hours ago, top dawg said:

Scary Terry didn't get the nickname for nothing. He's legit. The other guys are decent too, including Jordan Reed and pass-catching back Antonio Gibson.

You are not helping yourself by naming a guy who hasn’t been on the team for 4 years and another who is averaging less than 3 catches a game.

2 hours ago, X-Clown said:

You are not helping yourself by naming a guy who hasn’t been on the team for 4 years and another who is averaging less than 3 catches a game.

Ha ha. I meant Logan Thomas. Terry McLaurin is legit; any football analyst will tell you that. If Howell isn't getting him the ball, it isn't his fault. I can say something similar about D.J. Moore and Fields (and Bagent).  D.J. and Terry both have 47 catches for the year.

19 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Ha ha. I meant Logan Thomas. Terry McLaurin is legit; any football analyst will tell you that. If Howell isn't getting him the ball, it isn't his fault. I can say something similar about D.J. Moore and Fields (and Bagent).  D.J. and Terry both have 47 catches for the year.

Terry is a beast, no doubt, like DJ he has put up 1000+ yards seasons with several other JAGs throwing him the ball. The less than 3 catches a game comment was about Gibson. Jahan Dotson and Curtis Samuel are solid too. I can forgive you on mistaking Reed for Thomas, they both seem to be hurt a lot.

Edited by X-Clown

On 11/6/2023 at 4:50 PM, Castavar said:

Here's what I'm still not getting about Bryce.

What "elite" skill does he possess that will set him apart from other QBs? He's small, has a subpar arm, doesn't break tackles, can't even run him under center because of his height, average speed, etc. Literally his only thing he had over CJ was his "processing" speed, which oddly enough can get better in the NFL. You know what can't be learned though? Size, height, arm strength, etc. which is what CJ had over Bryce.

I'm just trying to get a gauge at Bryce's ceiling, because I just don't see it. He doesn't have the arm strength to CONSISTENTLY make NFL throws, and we can't even run him under center because of his size. Where's the potential, I'm legitimately curious.

Not to beat the hypothetical drum but I've seen lot of comparisons to a Brees type and if you look at Brees first couple seasons it was nothing special. Lots of INTs too. 
Bryce is prob not as ready for the NFL as people thought but he could still develop into a really cerebral awesome starter  

4 minutes ago, Frank9999 said:

Not to beat the hypothetical drum but I've seen lot of comparisons to a Brees type and if you look at Brees first couple seasons it was nothing special. Lots of INTs too. 
Bryce is prob not as ready for the NFL as people thought but he could still develop into a really cerebral awesome starter  

I agree, but I'm not holding my breath. I don't know if we can fix the line for him so that we can see. There have to be fixes available, and then our FO has to have the skill and the will to acquire them.

Edited by top dawg
  • Flames 1

Also I think Bryce arm strength is being a little underrated, Ive already seem him make some strong throws, the spin out to Thielen down field for example. His deep ball  its really hard to even get a guage of this because its just something we’ve down very little of but the guy has an arm and I dont get where this keeps coming from.  

Edited by Frank9999

Just now, top dawg said:

I agree, but I'm not holding my breath. I don't know if we can fix the line for him so that we can seem. There have to be fixed available, and then our FO has to have the skill and the will to acquire them.

Well its hard to predict, either he develops or he doesnt. Panthers NEED to really go super heavy on OLINE like never before. It needs yo be build like Saints built around Brees. 

• Flames 1