• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Most depressing uninteresting season I have ever watched and ive watched them all

Ricky Prickles

40 minutes ago, PantherInTheBullCity said:

Whenever we have the ball, it doesn't feel that far removed from watching Ted Roof-era Duke football. I'm not even kidding. Continual failure to do basic crap correctly

It is legitimately unreal that man continued to get DC jobs after his Duke tenure. He was terrible at all of them too, held back CPJ's Tech teams immensely. I think he's now listed as OU's but I'm pretty sure Veneables calls all the plays there so he's a glorified high level assistant. Still fascinating, shows that coaching really is more about knowing people than anything.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, beo said:

It is legitimately unreal that man continued to get DC jobs after his Duke tenure. He was terrible at all of them too, held back CPJ's Tech teams immensely. I think he's now listed as OU's but I'm pretty sure Veneables calls all the plays there so he's a glorified high level assistant. Still fascinating, shows that coaching really is more about knowing people than anything.

You ain't kidding.

I WENT to a bunch of Roof-era games at Wallace Wade when we were losing by 30+ every week, and aside from the fact the team had zero talent, you could tell Roof didn't have a clue whenever he had a microphone stuck in front of him. Not exactly a coach I'd imagine recruits would want to play for.

But as your post relates to the Panthers - I think what you said about coaching being heavily about knowing people is bang-on, and why we should all temper our expectations about coaching hires until they actually start delivering success.

I too was guilty of being excited about this year's coaching staff. Woof.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

This season is hands down the worst one in the history of the team.  

It isn’t over yet. Something could happen, even off the field that would make it better. I actually think next year sets up to be worse. 

We will have to watch our rightful selection who will be a very choice selection, selected by the team we are subsidizing. 

So we will get to see that, and if they make a good choice, we will get to see that player ascend through video highlights. Weekly. And we got what we got now, basically. Sound like fun? 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Frank9999 said:

I think its just because we were sold such a great idea. Its just that great disappointment of being so disillusioned that makes it so bad. 

I remember posting on the huddle right after we traded up to #1 & said pretty much that we had royally screwed up by doing so.so yeah I am not surprised by all of this whatsoever...just saying