• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Orlov

Panthers Fan 69

obviously TDA is someone people love to hate. IMO locker room stuff prior to him getting here aside, the first go-round was a cheap Dougie replacement and he played pretty well.  This time has been a disaster and he has no business playing over Chatfield. I care zero what it does to the PP--regardless of current percentages I don't think TDA is out there doing anything QB PP that other guys can't do.  I hope we can make him a trade piece to get something out of a seller like Calgary.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, backINblack28 said:

obviously TDA is someone people love to hate. IMO locker room stuff prior to him getting here aside, the first go-round was a cheap Dougie replacement and he played pretty well.  This time has been a disaster and he has no business playing over Chatfield. I care zero what it does to the PP--regardless of current percentages I don't think TDA is out there doing anything QB PP that other guys can't do.  I hope we can make him a trade piece to get something out of a seller like Calgary.

He cleared waivers though… he needs to keep practicing the system. There will come a time he’s needed when one of our top 6 gets dinged up and he needs to be ready to jump in on That line. 

He may be a trade deadline candidate to a competitor. Honestly, I love the dude but I’d be shopping Necas right now. He’s lost most of the time on both offense and defense. Guess not having Abby to bang has really brought his game down. Wait did I say that out loud?

Edited by Harbingers

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

He cleared waivers though… he needs to keep practicing the system. There will come a time he’s needed when one of our top 6 gets dinged up and he needs to be ready to jump in on That line. 

He may be a trade deadline candidate to a competitor. Honestly, I love the dude but I’d be shopping Necas right now. He’s lost most of the time on both offense and defense. Guess not having Abby to bang has really brought his game down. Wait did I say that out loud?

That was Svech ha 

necas must stay though. Who else is gonna score in OT?

Edited by Panthers Fan 69
  • Pie 1

I mean clearing waivers doesn't mean he wouldn't be a replacement for a team that's a seller just putting someone in their lineup to play D with us likely retaining some salary or giving up picks to not retain salary. Drury and him and a pick to Calgary to get Lindholm back suits me.

Guys like Necas I don't think we properly rate what they mean to our scoring balance until they're gone.  I don't want to give away any of our guys like that. It's time to add, not subtract, and go for it.

5 minutes ago, backINblack28 said:

I mean clearing waivers doesn't mean he wouldn't be a replacement for a team that's a seller just putting someone in their lineup to play D with us likely retaining some salary or giving up picks to not retain salary. Drury and him and a pick to Calgary to get Lindholm back suits me.

Guys like Necas I don't think we properly rate what they mean to our scoring balance until they're gone.  I don't want to give away any of our guys like that. It's time to add, not subtract, and go for it.

Fair. I just got this inkling Necas is regression. Buy low and sell high. My main basis is defense. He’s may have 14 points but he’s a -10. His recent freeze up’s aside too. 

Edited by Harbingers

5 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Fair. I just got this inkling Necas is regression. Buy low and sell high. My main basis is defense. He’s may have 14 points but he’s a -10. His recent freeze up’s aside too. 

Most of that minus 10 is when he enters zone all by himself weaving between players then turns it over. Every…single…time. 

last year, a case could be made that Necas should have been our All star. He passed well. Scored ALOT.  Didn’t enter the zone and turn it over.  This year, minus OT, he has regressed to 2 years ago. 2 years ago he was playing the same. 

Edited by Panthers Fan 69
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Most of that minus 10 is when he enters zone all by himself weaving between players then turns it’s over. Every…single…time. 

last year, a case could be made that Necas should have been our All star. He passed well. Scored ALOT.  Didn’t enter the zone and turn it over.  This year, minus OT, he has regressed to 2 years ago. 2 years ago he was playing the same. 

While I appreciate the sentiment… most of his -10 is him getting caught on a line change and not picking up his assignment. That’s why KK or TT/Svech should be the pressure on line changes. But that feeds into Necas getting caught deep and fuging up the rotation. 

• 1 month later...

Orlov getting destroyed by local media for last night. While I stand raanta didn’t play well, I didn’t realize how bad Orlov was. The first goal and the 3rd were squarely on that guy. Both times left his man wide open. For a guy making 7 mill a year, they guy really played poorly. 

• Pie 1

20 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Orlov getting destroyed by local media for last night. While I stand raanta didn’t play well, I didn’t realize how bad Orlov was. The first goal and the 3rd were squarely on that guy. Both times left his man wide open. For a guy making 7 mill a year, they guy really played poorly. 

He's had half a year to acclimate, he doesn't look like he can get with the program - a bad fit for Rod's system, at this point TDA might be a better option as he could run the 2nd PP

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, organicrusty1201 said:

He's had half a year to acclimate, he doesn't look like he can get with the program - a bad fit for Rod's system, at this point TDA might be a better option as he could run the 2nd PP

He is day in and day out our highest graded defenseman once he started pairing with chatty. 

3 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Some of y’all may not be happy with Orlov but he is going to be an integral part of this franchise for a bit. We need a veteran Russian to be able to meditate the wealth of Russian prospects we are pulling in. 

That video is cool!  You know Orlov feels bad for hurting Koochie.