• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other games that might not suck thread

LinvilleGorge

1 minute ago, UnluckyforSome said:

It's very admirable you are willing to still see how it will play out. 

There's not a whole lot of choice in our situation.

The one thing I do want to see next year is a veteran backup who can serve as not only a mentor, but also as competition If things are improved around Young but he still doesn't look good.

Right now, I absolutely don't feel comfortable evaluating him under the conditions in which he's being asked to play.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

The one thing I do want to see next year is a veteran backup who can serve as not only a mentor, but also as competition If things are improved around Young but he still doesn't look good.

Generally, you have sound ideas. This is 1, and it doesn't get mentioned enough. I agree, and I've read the posts where folks are stumping for Dalton, and I want to reply that Dalton wasn't brought here to play. Dalton doesn't want to play. Dalton has no intention of playing. If you look back on his career, how long he has played, and some of his thoughts and comments from some of his more recent stops, he is essentially done as a player. 

Now, I don't know if competition would bring out the best in Young or not, but it would at least be an option where they could sit him. Despite being heralded as a captain and starter in his rookie year, without having earned any of it, he is clearly not ready to start as-is.

No argument that the team is a complete horror show from top to bottom, and there is precious little to actually help him in-game. But then we get into a slippery slope of whether or not he is a franchise qb.

Just now, UnluckyforSome said:

Generally, you have sound ideas. This is 1, and it doesn't get mentioned enough. I agree, and I've read the posts where folks are stumping for Dalton, and I want to reply that Dalton wasn't brought here to play. Dalton doesn't want to play. Dalton has no intention of playing. If you look back on his career, how long he has played, and some of his thoughts and comments from some of his more recent stops, he is essentially done as a player. 

Now, I don't know if competition would bring out the best in Young or not, but it would at least be an option where they could sit him. Despite being heralded as a captain and starter in his rookie year, without having earned any of it, he is clearly not ready to start as-is.

No argument that the team is a complete horror show from top to bottom, and there is precious little to actually help him in-game. But then we get into a slippery slope of whether or not he is a franchise qb.

I'm not worried about whether it brings out the best in Young.

I want a fallback option in case he proves to be bad.

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Meanwhile, Buffalo is playing like a team already in their playoffs which they kinda are. Up 10-7 over the Eagles midway through the 3rd.

I think you like Allen a little more than I do, but I do have to admit he has played better with Dorsey gone. Not sure if it's just a positive streak, or something more to it.

The Eagles should be getting absolutely blown out. The big difference has been that Allen has been able to effectively throw the ball on the downpour and Hurts hasn't been. Allen is 19/32 for 209 and a TD while Hurts is 4/11 for 33 and an INT (and a lost fumble).

Penalties are keeping the Eagles alive. The Bills have been flagged 10 times for 75 yards vs 1 for 5 yards for Philly.