• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lowest point in team history btw

electro's horse

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Would the jeans day story have seen the light of day if Richardson didn't also call call Khary Darrington a (racial slur)?

So you think that was what led to the SI hit piece?  I’ve always thought it was the Jordan Rodrique /Cam fiasco just because of the timing.  Maybe not tho?

6 minutes ago, CBDellinger said:

So you think that was what led to the SI hit piece?  I’ve always thought it was the Jordan Rodrique /Cam fiasco just because of the timing.  Maybe not tho?

I think that contributed.

But if you want my honest opinion on the biggest factor, I'd point out that although he wasn't officially listed as part of the writing team, it's awfully curious that the story was broken by Sports illustrated just a few weeks after Jonathan Jones started working for them.

He might not have had the freedom to talk about that sort of thing while working for the Observer, but Sports illustrated has no problem publishing stories like this (as I'm sure Deshaun Watson would testify).

Edited by Mr. Scot

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think that contributed.

But if you want my honest opinion on the biggest factor, I'd point out that although he wasn't officially listed as part of the writing team, it's awfully curious that the story was broken by Sports illustrated just a few weeks after Jonathan Jones started working for them.

He might not have had the freedom to talk about that sort of thing while working for the Observer, but Sports illustrated has no problem publishing stories like this (as I'm sure Deshaun Watson would testify).

No question about it.  He absolutely brought the info to SI.  And they put other writers on it to insulate him and some of our local beat writers.   

Only question is what motivated him at that time to do it?  

Edited by CBDellinger

Having followed this franchise from the start, I have to agree. It’s a combination of a lot of things.

1. Obviously being the worst team in the league.

2. No first round pick to fall back on.

3. No young difference-makers who could become superstars.

4. Bryce regressing.

5. Firing a coach in-season for the second straight year.

6. The same guy who fired the bad coaches was the one who’ll be hiring the next one.

7. A roster in shambles because it’s so poorly constructed.

There’s honestly not a single “light at the end of the tunnel” thing you can point to right now.

Edited by Dorian Gray

5 minutes ago, Dorian Gray said:

Having followed this franchise from the start, I have to agree. It’s a combination of a lot of things.

1. Obviously being the worst team in the league.

2. No first round pick to fall back on.

3. No young difference-makers who could become superstars.

4. Bryce regressing.

5. Firing a coach in-season for the second straight year.

6. The same guy who fired the bad coaches was the one who’ll be hiring the next one.

7. A roster in shambles because it’s so poorly constructed.

There’s honestly not a single “light at the end of the tunnel” thing you can point to right now.

Thats the killer for me as well, theres no hope on the team nor draft capital. 

Every single offensive group needs starters and depth- OL, WR, RB, TE and if you force yourself QB as well.

On the defense side the best players are FAs or needing contract/5th year options- Luvu, Burns, and Brown. *when he plays which....horn too(hes another issue with the injury virus....). 

Theres no young talent under rookie contract control. Right now young has 2024 and then you have to make the choice of cutting/trade/____ or its again drafting a young rookie for the 2025 season. 

Its like the team is a first year expansion team. Just a HUUUUGGGEE mess that no one can fix in 3 years.....watch tepper fire two more HCs during the 2024-27 years of pain. 

• Beer 1