• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper to speak on Tuesday

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You mean the same guy saying that Tepper claiming he didn't chime in on the decision was "rich"? 🤔

Norris' statement that Tepper didn't "overrule everybody" doesn't mean he didn't influence the decision. He actually clarified that directly in a response to his tweet about Tepper claiming no involvement.

Not denying Tepper was involved.  He told you so.

And maybe you should read the last line of that tweet you just posted.

Or maybe not.  Since it doesn’t fit your narrative.

Here I’ll type it out for you

he was  NOT the only voice that wanted Bryce Young at No. 1, like is being recycled.

Like being recycled aka a lot of post on here.

Edited by ncfan

Just now, ncfan said:

he was  NOT the only voice that wanted Bryce Young at No. 1, like is being recycled.

That line was actually just a rehash of what he said in his original tweet, not exactly earth shattering.

People were using the original tweet to try and suggest that Tepper wasn't involved. That's not at all what Norris said.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

He went 11-5 with Philip Rivers coming off his couch.

IIt's incorrect to say that Reich never had any success.

Yeah he had an established HoF QB with some left in the tank and he made it work.  Did they even win a playoff game though?  I'm sure Sirianni as his OC helped to a degree as well.  They seemed to work well together.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

That line was actually just a rehash of what he said in his original tweet, not exactly earth shattering.

People were using the original tweet to try and suggest that Tepper wasn't involved. That's not at all what Norris said.

He was saying Tepper wasn’t The one who wanted Bryce.

hence him noting the recycling and regurgitated comment.

but that still seems go over a majority people’s heads because hey already have their mind set off some think/speculation piece 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not really.  Most people who are using that tweet are doing so to point out that Tepper wasn’t the only one involved.  

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, ncfan said:

It wasn't some shocking overreach that Young went 1.  Most places had him as the top QB and yes they were wrong, but the narrative is taking a crazy turn.  Tepper didn't make us reach for some random QB while everyone else wanted Stroud.  The only reason Stroud was the leader at first is because of his style of play and Reich's style of offense.  People had concerns about Stroud under pressure which has been proven to be a nonissue so far.  

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, The_Voice_Of_Tepper said:

Hello all,

I just wanted to say thank you to the fans who understand and still support me and my process to bring a championship to the Carolinas. The NFL is a difficult world with many tough choices and many outcomes that do not go the way you would hope or desire.

With that said for those with a proven history of support for me and this team I have decided to reward your unwavering loyalty by offering potential job position’s within the franchise. If this would be of any interest to you please let me know.

Thanks again

Definitely interested

3 minutes ago, ncfan said:

He was saying Tepper wasn’t The one who wanted Bryce.

hence him noting the recycling and regurgitated comment.

but that still seems go over a majority people’s heads because hey already have their mind set off some think/speculation piece 

Wrong. His specific statement was that Tepper was not the only one who wanted Bryce.

That very statement includes that Tepper wanted Bryce. He just wasn't alone in it. Then you put that together with his confirmation that Tepper did indeed chime in on the decision.

Outside of that, there aren't any more specifics.

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It wasn't some shocking overreach that Young went 1.  Most places had him as the top QB and yes they were wrong, but the narrative is taking a crazy turn.  Tepper didn't make us reach for some random QB while everyone else wanted Stroud.  The only reason Stroud was the leader at first is because of his style of play and Reich's style of offense.  People had concerns about Stroud under pressure which has been proven to be a nonissue so far.  

The flipside narrative that everybody wanted Bryce as the first choice isn't exactly plausible either.

I seriously doubt they went through that process with no disagreement whatsoever.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Wrong. His specific statement was that Tepper was not the only one who wanted Bryce.

That very statement includes that Tepper wanted Bryce. He just wasn't alone in it. Then you put that together with his confirmation that Tepper did indeed chime in on the decision.

Outside of that, there aren't any more specifics.

Tepper said he chimed in once the decision was already made.  He clearly wanted Young but Fitt, Brown, and others (probably Caldwell) had already voted him as the choice.  With that said I'm sure Tepper made comments after the Pro Day visits and who knows who that swayed. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Which was asinine to begin with considering he was going to run a completely different offense than he ran in Indy.  With all these minds, backgrounds and coming from different coaching trees.

When Thomas Brown and Miles Sanders hinted and said it’d look more like Philly’s offense.  Shotgun heavy, 11 personnel.  A lot like like McVay too.  Quite the difference than what Reich ran with heavy 12 man personnel with a heavy between the tackle run game.  Really actually similar to what McAdoo was doing under Wilks.   That should’ve triggered the “does he he Reich’s style” to start.

but people got so focused on a hand dap at a pro day.  If they never showed our staff at the pro day.  This would have never been a thing.

• Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

The flipside narrative that everybody wanted Bryce as the first choice isn't exactly plausible either.

I seriously doubt they went through that process with no disagreement whatsoever.

I think it was a majority with Reich not really caring because he wanted Carr.  Maybe Reich preferred Stroud, but he would have been an easy sell to switch to Young.  If say Fitt, Caldwell, and Brown wanted Young with Reich preferring Carr do you think the QB coach in McCown would make too much of a stink about wanting Stroud.  He probably mentioned who he preferred but he was also high on Young as an analyst before he took the QB Coach job.