• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kuechly decides to come back at 32 years old...

CamWhoaaCam

10 hours ago, CanMan11 said:

Kuechly was overrated .. MLB's can only impact a game so much. Short / Star made him better. Don't get me wrong he was great just overrated.

ok...you'd think after 50+ accounts being banned you'd figure out you aren't wanted around here.

bye again.

• Pie 4

10 hours ago, EgoDogg said:

I am also grateful that Short and Star showed Luke how to understand an opponent inside and out, from routes being run to signals and audibles.

The way they trained Luke to move the players around him to the best position in order to make a play. Chef's kiss. 

More people should know that about them. 😛

They made him capable of taking away the middle like a wet blanket 30.yarss behind them! 

11 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

Nah... Luke was just a different breed and knew that he couldn't continue to play the game with the same reckless abandon that he played it with while not putting his brain at significant risk after multiple concussions already.

Luke was never going to play at even 95% of himself, those concussions was going to make him completely change the way he played the game and would be more like 60-70% of what he used to be.

Granted, that would still be a Pro Bowl level LB, but I think he knew he just couldn't play the game that way so he had to retire to save himself.

He played like 2 full seasons after his last concussion, I don't really think that had a ton to do with his retiring. A factor sure, but the main reason, doubtful. I think he's just like Calvin Johnson and Barry Sanders and didn't want to play super long and wanted to move on to different things. Luke is a huge outdoorsman, he was at the grind for so long and football season interfered with hunting season. He only lasted 1 year as a pro scout for us because he didn't even want that level of commitment, and that's way less than required from a player especially one who works himself so hard to be the absolute best in the league. I don't blame him for retiring. A bummer as a huge football fan who got so much joy out of watching him play and would've loved to see him get a ring, but it's his decision to make

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Not even close.  He was falling off badly toward the end.  The injuries took their toll on him in a big way.  Barring injury I think he would still be the best defensive player in the game right now, but the same could be said for many great players.

I’d argue that a great deal of him “falling off” had to do with the fact that Tepper forced Rivera to switch to a 3-4 when he had always been a dominant 4-3 middle linebacker. 

• Pie 3

From what I understand when he got that concussion the reason he was crying is because he temporarily went blind. I don't want him to ever do any contact sport again. Having said that, if Luke came back to the Panthers he'd instantly be the leader of the team. Certainly not the best player by any stretch, but our leader.