• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Biggest suprises and biggest drop offs..

Mayor Qumiby

Soo who do you people think will show the most progression this year and who do you think will have a big drop from what they were last year.

My vote is Ryan Newman for the biggest let down..

And for biggest suprise id say Jamie Mcmurray..

I really dont have a reason why Newman will drop off i mean hes with a good team but i dont see him being in the top 12 like he was last year..

As for Mcmurray I think he will get more attention with DEI, i feel at roush he was put behind Edwards,Kenseth and Biffle... but at DEI its him and JPM so i think hes became a bigger fish in a smaller pond this year. Plus hes running a chevy and at daytona ( dunno about the other tracks) they have been making more power than the fords.

Some thoughts on what's going to happen:

1. Doesn't matter what happens to Jimmie Johnson during the first 26 races. He'll be in the Chase once again and the only way he won't win again if he has lost his incredible luck in Chase races to...
  2. ...Jeff Gordon. The booing won't be as intense either if he wins because he's getting old. If you don't like Hendrick, you'll have to cheer for...
  3. ...Roush as they will have at least 5-7 wins between its stable of drivers and have at least two drivers in the Chase. That will be more than...
  4. ...Stewart Haas because they will only have one driver in the Chase and won't be a factor once in. One that won't be in is...
  5. ...Keweslowski because the 12 car is junk and he'll wish for the days when he drove the 25 last season. Then...
  6. ...Kurt Busch will get tired of Brad's whining but takes it to heart and joins Hendrick displacing...
  7. ...Dale Earnhardt Jr. as he takes his Nationwide team to Cup. Speculation will be that Hendrick canned him but will never admit to it.

I kinda of agree with #5 ... I'm a fan of brad but i think he just jumped to soon at the offer Roger gave him... His skill is there but like you said the 12 car is crap and thr penske organization isn't that strong to begin with... He should have waited for an offer from a better team,maybe even if that meant staying another year in nationwide

I kinda of agree with #5 ... I'm a fan of brad but i think he just jumped to soon at the offer Roger gave him... His skill is there but like you said the 12 car is crap and thr penske organization isn't that strong to begin with... He should have waited for an offer from a better team,maybe even if that meant staying another year in nationwide
That and Penske's the only Dodge team right now which I believe will be a disadvantage to them. Then again, I could see him make a jump back to Hendrick if an opening comes up or to Haas's third car if that ever materializes.

I have to disagree with your McMurray prediction, though. I've noticed him since he was with the 27 car in the Busch series and after all these years, he tends to follow the same pattern.

1. Finishes Top 15

2. Wrecks or gets wrecked and finishes poorly

3. Has a mechanical issue and finishes poorly

I still like him at Daytona and Talladega, though. He's a pretty crazy blocker when he has the lead. :lol:

Thought Kurt just signed a new deal?

Heres mine.

RCR will be back year. Going back to a 3 car team will help them. Harvick will leave after this season and join Stewart-Haas.

Kasey will take Jr's ride at Hendrick with Jr driving for himself.

Agree. RCR are my boys. Bowyer & Burton are both going to do great this season imo.

And i'd hate to admit it, but Montoya could finish top-5 this coming year.

Call me crazy if you may.

I hope your right about jpm.. He's my favorite driver in NASCAR now and I'd like to see h I'm win a championship but I think top 5 is more realistic,although i'd really like to see Martin win it this year too.

I agree with you guys as well I think rcr will have at least 2 cars in the chase

I'm glad that the season is finally here !!

I've always thought Kasey khane would be the next driver in the Stewart haas camp but that's just speculation on part... I know they are pretty good friends and I think Tony has alot of respect for khane as a driver.

Stewart and Harvick are closer plus I think Hendrick will throw alot of money to Kahne.

Enough to overcome the loss of the Budweiser sponsorship? Isn't that one of Hendrick's stipulations, no alkihol sponsors which is why it didn't go with Junya when he moved?

I'd love for KK to go to Stewart-Haas...but you bring a good point, too.

Didnt know that, Didnt hendrick use to have the Budweiser car along time ago?

Archived