• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats talking to Celtics about Augustin for Davis...

CatMan72

Flip as the backup point scares the bejueezus out of me.

DJ right now is a liabilty. He can't guard anybody and he has a hard time getting the team into their sets. If he is not hitting his jumper he is a waste on the floor. I rather have Law or Flip atleast they play defence.

I still think we can get sombody better then Big baby. I don't know how good a rebounder he is and does he have any post game. He does hit a 15 foot jumper some time so that might be a plus.

Augustin needs badly away from Larry Brown and Big Baby needs badly away from Kevin Garnett and the rest of the Celtics room that thinks he's a lazy POS. I wouldn't see the harm in making this move as long as Law became the back up point as opposed to Flip. If anybody could get production out of Big Baby, it's LB. Not the case with Augustin.

This particular rumor has been popular for a couple of days now, but Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe is saying that it's probably not going to happen, no matter what Jared Dudley might be tweeting.

According to his sources, any talk about a swap of Augustin and Davis is in the preliminary stages, and Celtics GM Danny Ainge has even gone so far as to say that he's content with this backcourt depth at the moment. So while this rumor had some legs over at ESPN on Tuesday, by Thursday it's been pretty much buried.

darn, Davis woulda been a nice addition

the search for a PF continues...........

Archived