• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Cannot Make Basic NFL Throws

BIGH2001

33 minutes ago, frankw said:

How you holding up bud?

FYI if you sit him at any point this season you have waved the white flag and admitted he is basically a bust. Dalton starting and winning would seal it.

For better or worse Bryce will be finishing the season and he will get at least half the season next year to show any inkling of play worthy of a top overall pick.

There's no delaying the inevitable. Buckle in and prepare for more chaos.

Holding up with what? 

I disagree with that, you have an out with all the OL injuries and interim HC… which are legit concerns. It’s clear he isn’t the same QB from the first 8 weeks. Clearly in his own head, have lost all semblance of mechanics and footwork, no confidence in his line or coaches. Hes a rookie and we’re 1-11. Get right for next season, he gets all of next year and probably at least half of year 3 at minimum. Nothing really to be gained with this poo of an organization this season. I still think with the right hires this off season he will be fine next year. 

2 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Holding up with what? 

I disagree with that, you have an out with all the OL injuries and interim HC… which are legit concerns. It’s clear he isn’t the same QB from the first 8 weeks. Clearly in his own head, have lost all semblance of mechanics and footwork, no confidence in his line or coaches. Hes a rookie and we’re 1-11. Get right for next season, he gets all of next year and probably at least half of year 3 at minimum. Nothing really to be gained with this poo of an organization this season. I still think with the right hires this off season he will be fine next year. 

It's not like he was good in the first 8 weeks. We already had serious concerns. He just went from one of the worst QBs in the league to THE worst QB in the league.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Holding up with what? 

You sure were eager to talk down to folks because they were offering some truths of the situation you didn't want to grapple with just a few short months ago.

We're done just blindly blaming the OL and weapons my guy. Tommy DeVito is an undrafted walk on and he's leading the once floundering Giants to wins.

What about the first 8 weeks was so impressive? We're still hoping just to see Bryce Young make basic throws any of the other 31 starting QB's are expected to make. Not even wow or miracle type plays. Just basics.

He definitely will get next season but if it's more of this there's zero chance we go into 2025 without drafting a QB and just handing Bryce Young the job. I don't even want to do that next year. He needs some real competition in 2024. That needs to happen for the good of the locker room.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

45 minutes ago, frankw said:

You sure were eager to talk down to folks because they were offering some truths of the situation you didn't want to grapple with just a few short months ago.

We're done just blindly blaming the OL and weapons my guy. Tommy DeVito is an undrafted walk on and he's leading the once floundering Giants to wins.

What about the first 8 weeks was so impressive? We're still hoping just to see Bryce Young make basic throws any of the other 31 starting QB's are expected to make. Not even wow or miracle type plays. Just basics.

He definitely will get next season but if it's more of this there's zero chance we go into 2025 without drafting a QB and just handing Bryce Young the job. I don't even want to do that next year. He needs some real competition in 2024. That needs to happen for the good of the locker room.

Who is we? The Huddle and its infinite couch GMs? Sorry if that doesn’t reflect my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Who is we? The Huddle and its infinite couch GMs? Sorry if that doesn’t reflect my opinion. 

While you rabble about internet GM's. How are the Panthers scouts and front office folks who are paid handsomely to do this for a living doing?

• Beer 2

5 hours ago, parker said:

The very fact that they chose not to address his footwork until after the season and make sure he knew the playbook first shows how bad the coaching staff has handled him. 

I seriously doubt there was time to address his footwork. The NFL teams don't teach their players the most basic of fundamental mechanics. This isn't Pop Warner football. The players are supposed to come to the league with good fundamentals, as is expected of professionals in a professional league. The training camp is where they practice the plays and learn the offense and defense. If a player needs to improve his fundamentals, he is expected to do so on his own during the off-season. Brees, Burrow, Brady, Stroud, and countless other QBs work with private coaches to hone their basic skills. 

Bryce is such an outlier in that his basic mechanics and footwork are astonishingly atrocious, probably even worse than The Golden Calf of Bristol's. I'm sure the coaches took a look at him and there was a oh-poo moment. 

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Kinda cracks me up people throw shade at "internet GMs" for discussing the team on a forum.

I mean, at best the Panthers' highly paid professional brain trust has managed exactly one more NFL win this year than the Huddle would've accomplished making decisions via forum poll. 😂

You can tag me dude. I tag you for call outs. 

4 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

I thought Bryce's mental game was his best trait

I know, right? I heard he's very poised around the dinner table, and that would translate well into NFL performance according to Fitterer:

“You feel the presence of the player, just like the command that they have,” Fitterer said. “As he’s sitting there at dinner, he was so poised and you’re like, ‘OK, if I put this guy in a huddle,’ if Frank and I saying, ‘This is the guy, we’re putting him in the huddle, game’s on the line.’ Bryce is the guy we want our players looking at, knowing this is the guy that can get it done for us. We can win with this guy. And I think that’s kind of where that social part overlaps in the football side when you get to know the person and not just the player.”

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, BenjaminBreeg said:

I know, right? I heard he's very poised around the dinner table, and that would translate well into NFL performance according to Fitterer:

“You feel the presence of the player, just like the command that they have,” Fitterer said. “As he’s sitting there at dinner, he was so poised and you’re like, ‘OK, if I put this guy in a huddle,’ if Frank and I saying, ‘This is the guy, we’re putting him in the huddle, game’s on the line.’ Bryce is the guy we want our players looking at, knowing this is the guy that can get it done for us. We can win with this guy. And I think that’s kind of where that social part overlaps in the football side when you get to know the person and not just the player.”

the quotes about this fuging dinner read like that onion article about bicycle socks that turns into a hardcore gay threesome halfway through. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

"Um, know you, I need to step up you know, Um I have to get better, I didnt execute or do enough, so its um, you know its on me, yeah, you know its um, its um, you know I never you know I am a competitor and um, ultimately close isnt good enough and its um you know"

Everytime I hear Bryce say "Um, um, um", I just want to go full Jules Winnfield on his ass.

What country is Bryce from? Um ain't no country I've ever heard of. They speak English in um?