• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Cannot Make Basic NFL Throws

BIGH2001

12 minutes ago, Ghostofdelhomme said:

I did not expect his on the move throws to be so bad, those are instinctual and should translate to the nfl without any effort. 
He is a tough little shlt though. If he ever shows signs of life, he might elevate everyone else as martyrs do

What?  He has been very accurate on the move....

Most of our explosive plays are where Bryce makes something out of nothing on the move b/c our guys can't get open when they're supposed to be relative to the play.

What has happened to the fanbase?  Are we still living in the same reality?

I don't even understand some of this stuff.  There are legitimate criticisms of Bryce, but again, so much of this is just factually incorrect or lacks any context whatsoever.

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

I will give you all of that.  All of it.  But it still doesnt make up for the fact that his footwork is horrendous, his arm strength is average at the absolute best (im being generous here its probably bottom 5) , and he misses throws due to his size.  You cannot really argue against any of that. 

...everytime I see that pic on the right side of the thread...i think... damn...he would have a hard time identifying as masculine at a Taylor Swift concert..

Just now, frankw said:

That's debatable at best.

He didn't even throw a the combine. Stroud was the top prospect and that's showing at this level. You don't have to like it but that's the reality.

aaron one of the best prospects of his draft, Fields was a clear cut #2 etc, mac jones wont make it past 3 (or rhule per an insider on here)... the list goes on and on and until the draft actually happens and teams actually draft we have no clue how these guys were ranked

1 minute ago, frankw said:

That's debatable at best.

He didn't even throw a the combine. Stroud was the top prospect and that's showing at this level. You don't have to like it but that's the reality.

That's revisionist history, at best.  But that has absolutely nothing at all to do with my overall argument...

8 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

That's revisionist history, at best.  But that has absolutely nothing at all to do with my overall argument...

Uh I'd argue your statement was revisionist history. Stroud showed off indisputable arm talent that Bryce Young did not. He put the ball in places and tight windows that you look for from elite QB's in the NFL. Surprise surprise he's done that at this level. That unfortunately was never Bryce Young. We drafted him knowing he had an "adequate" arm at best but in no way did he have a cannon or the ability to make throws like we saw from Will Levis when we played the Titans.

Your overall argument seems to consist of spinning in circles grasping in every direction for anyone or anything to assign blame. That's fine. That will last the rest of this season and partially next season but the expiration date is near.

And please stop putting this kid in the same convo as Cam Newton. Cam Newton was a phsyical monster and an undisputed winner. He brought a different culture to this team. That can't be replicated by just anyone.

32 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

what mental has he shown?  The s2 test?  Where is this mental play savant coming from?  If anything this past year shows he is a mental midget

Of course, F Bryce, cut him now!!  We have to move on from that midget.  Moreover, let's kill him for all the misery he's responsible for...

B/c this mentality sure has paid dividends over the past 6 years, hasn't it?

Cam is washed- cut him

Teddy- game manager- need better

Darnold- oh well, those draft picks would have been nice

CMC can't stay healthy- ship him out

DJ Moore- not a top 10 WR- we can live without him

Baker Mayfield- not starter worthy

And now we want to get rid of Brian Burns, too.

I mean who needs stars to actually win...

So yep, based on our track record, I'm sure getting rid of Bryce will solve all our problems.

Or, and I'm just spit-balling, we could look at this non-emotionally and from a strategic viewpoint and realize the 22-year rookie QB is about as far down the list as you can be in terms of organizational issues.

It's just too easy & too convenient for many fans not to.

7 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

Of course, F Bryce, cut him now!!  We have to move on from that midget.  Moreover, let's kill him for all the misery he's responsible for...

B/c this mentality sure has paid dividends over the past 6 years, hasn't it?

Cam is washed- cut him

Teddy- game manager- need better

Darnold- oh well, those draft picks would have been nice

CMC can't stay healthy- ship him out

DJ Moore- not a top 10 WR- we can live without him

Baker Mayfield- not starter worthy

And now we want to get rid of Brian Burns, too.

I mean who needs stars to actually win...

So yep, based on our track record, I'm sure getting rid of Bryce will solve all our problems.

Or, and I'm just spit-balling, we could look at this non-emotionally and from a strategic viewpoint and realize the 22-year rookie QB is about as far down the list as you can be in terms of organizational issues.

It's just too easy & too convenient for many fans not to.

we you have to start flailing and talking nonsense then your argument is lost.  Log off for a bit

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

Uh I'd argue your statement was revisionist history. Stroud showed off indisputable arm talent that Bryce Young did not. He put the ball in places and tight windows that you look for from elite QB's in the NFL. Surprise surprise he's done that at this level. That unfortunately was never Bryce Young. We drafted him knowing he had an "adequate" arm at best but in no way did he have a cannon or the ability to make throws like we saw from Will Levis when we played the Titans.

Your overall argument seems to consist of spinning in circles grasping in every direction for anyone or anything to assign blame. That's fine. That will last the rest of this season and partially next season but the expiration date is near.

And please stop putting this kid in the same convo as Cam Newton. Cam Newton was a phsyical monster and an undisputed winner. He brought a different culture to this team. That can't be replicated by just anyone.

In what world did Bryce not show indisputable arm talent before the draft?  Did you watch college football last year?  He was the consensus #1 QB prospect.  I'm sorry if that doesn't fit your narrative, but it does comport with objective reality...

So, it is revisionist history.  I'm sorry if you don't understand the definition.

Again, get rid of him!  Get rid of everyone!!  Will that be cathartic to you?  It seems like it would, but what comes next?  

It's like from the Sopranos... everybody, including Tepper it seems, wants somebody whacked... But what is that going to accomplish?

People knock Tepper, but the hot-take nonsense from this fanbase is the same kind of vapid impulsiveness that has led to this dysfunction...

I feel confident you have never coached or held a leadership position with that type of mindset, and I'm not being anything other than matter-of-fact.  B/c I honestly think if you had, this hot-take wouldn't be your undeniable conclusion that you are proclaiming.

The people who magically believe Stroud (or any other effing QB on the planet) would thrive in this environment are not grounded in reality.  Pure & simple.

So now I will bow out of this toxic place again for a while.

Crucify the kid... it changes nothing.

And the idea that this mess is his fault is reprehensible in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

we you have to start flailing and talking nonsense then your argument is lost.  Log off for a bit

LOL.  Clown man with a 76 IQ thinks other people are talking nonsense.

Do better... for your own sake... or at least let the adults discuss in peace

Just now, Seltzer said:

And the idea that this mess is his fault is reprehensible in my opinion.

we know, trust us, we know

The kid will have a loyal contingent until the inevitable day he is cut loose and even then people will defend him to the death.  Where was this with teddy, sam, pj, or baker?  Why is young the chosen one?  Is it because he is cute like baby yoda?  What is it exactly?

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

one of us posted this and you call people clowns and you want the adults to talk.  Interesting

Are you mentally challenged?  WTF are you talking about here?  Jesus Christ...

Goes back to the point you can't even come in here and comment w/o relentless trolling...

This really has become a clown show for the double-digit IQ members of this fanbase...

Y'all have at it... Miserable effing people... and it's not enough to be miserable, you're not content unless you try to drag everyone else into the abyss with you.