• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Monday Night Recap: Good night for the rookies…Tommy DeVito and Will Levis each get their third wins of the season

WarPanthers89

6 hours ago, csx said:

and a first round pick and a few second rounders

While aknowleging how badly the Panthers blew this it can't be overooked that the majority of our community was just as horribly wrong about these QBs

I will admit that I was wrong about Anthony Richardson and Will Levis. Didn't want either of them. However, I remember the majority of people on here were pro Stroud when the trade was FIRST made. It wasn't until about a month later when reports started coming out that our owner preferred Bryce when people started accepting the idea that Bryce could be our pick.

I'd be the first to tell you I did NOT want Anthony Richardson. Did not like what I saw of him at Florida and thought he was another The Golden Calf of Bristol. Did not want Levis because I did not think he warranted a #1 draft pick. After watching Bryce against LSU, I was VERY hesitant because he looked absolutely RATTLED in that game when pressured up the middle, and that was a huge red flag for me because that ALWAYS happens in the NFL. After going back and watching CJ Stroud SHRED through a historic Georgia defense, I was all in on him. THAT is who I thought we traded up all the way to #1 for.

Edited by Castavar
  • Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Selltheteamtepper said:

Hard to put Richardson above anyone given that hes taken 100 snaps and got injured 3 times, including the Cam throwing shoulder injury/surgery(for the 2nd time). He’ll have to change his throwing motion based on how it heals, career absolutely in jeopardy. 

Agree and if Levis does not learn how to slide he will find himself on the shelf as well.  I am not sure Richardson will be able to overcome the instinct to take off only time will tell.  Very hard to coach out of players when they have relied on their legs their entire life.  

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I didn't like him as a prospect and honestly I still doubt he pans out long-term but at least he has talent to work with and develop.

7 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Levis is looking like the real deal. I remember when everyone was shitting on him during the pre draft process.  But that athleticism and arm strength just made me think if he cleans some things up he would be okay. He has been way better than that.

I could see Levis being a Jeff Garcia type of QB.