• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ranking Derrick Brown's Season

Seltzer

12 hours ago, electro's horse said:

I mean, you pair him with either All Pro Jon Beason or All Pro Luke Kuechly. He was a great linebacker, one of the best panthers ever regardless of position, one of the best linebackers of his generation, and he was always the second best linebacker on the team. 

Shout out to us finally beating Vick when we drafted him to play safety. 

Davis was also an All Pro. Better than Beason in my opinion.

15 hours ago, Seltzer said:

I thought about the 2004 season for Peppers too. Peppers & Kuechly could have probably filled all the spots.

really would need to comb through and look at Peppers' seasons because he might have a lot of worthy seasons.  Easy to get caught up in the sacks but he has a lot of sneaky stuff like the FG blocks and all that too. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, electro's horse said:

overall i'd agree. 

Not when Beason was first drafted though.

It is interesting that injuries derailed Beason (who was better early on), but somehow TD was better (and had the best part of his career) after his 3 ACL tear...

6 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

It is interesting that injuries derailed Beason (who was better early on), but somehow TD was better (and had the best part of his career) after his 3 ACL tear...

I viewed TD as much more impactful than Beason.   Not just leadership but role on the D.  Beason was more of a tackle machine than anything.  That was his trademark #.  Tackles.  He had some INT too.  But for a front 7 player I think Beason still lacked some playmaking.  Granted he played MLB but I still thought he was a little light in a lot of areas. 

Jon Beason finished his NFL career with a total of 4 sacks and 3 FF.  I mean, Thomas Davis had more production in one season in those key categories.  

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, Seltzer said:

Beason just wasn’t big enough to hold up. 

dream lineup would have been him accepting the switch to WLB but they did right by him. Situation worked out for everyone. 

• Pie 1

53 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Beason just wasn’t big enough to hold up. 

dream lineup would have been him accepting the switch to WLB but they did right by him. Situation worked out for everyone. 

True.  Beason simply wasn't big enough to play MLB in the traditional 4-3 like Kuechly was, and he didn't have near the pass rush ability of TD.

I think his size was a reason for the injuries.  Beason was underrated in pass coverage though.  He had several big picks I can remember to seal games.