• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

who played their last game for the panthers today?

I don’t think they could have done much worse with this team if they had been trying to intentionally fug it all up. I mean, we had a run game, they tore it down. They picked a player to run it that was insanely overrated and whose lack of a deep passing game could obviously had been hidden just a little behind guess what? Yes. A power run game.

Because of our starting QB’s limitations and the deconstruction of the offensive line’s mojo, people were able to play us differently than they played any other team. In fact, probably any other team ever. We may be the worst NFL offense ever. 

It impacted the gamin so many ways…. offenses don’t have to take chances because they don’t need to, to win. But screw that, they understand that they can take the chances now a lot more, because what are we going to do about it if they screw up? Nothing. There is no penalty for being sloppy against Carolina. Just go out there and stack the bo 

You can’t say for sure how many games would have been won but we probably could have had a much more normal Panthers season, not the historically bad, ugly and embarrassing one that we just watched. Yes we could have been in the hunt in December in a below .500 division. When the team sees what they saw in camp they knew. Everything changed when the pads went on. When they realized the team was serious about starting Bryce Young                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Morale died. There was no fire, no spark, from the very first preseason ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;mgame. STil il[l[[

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

I don't think Gross-Matos will break the bank and I think the dude played pretty damn hard.

Some of the players that we all want gone are not FA or RFAs so unless we can dump them they'll probably be back.

Bryce has to be told he has to get comfortable taking snaps from under center because otherwise he won't work out as an NFL QB....we are way too predictable and it's stupid even trying to run the ball starting 5-7 yards behind the LOS in the NFL.

Gross-Matos' light seemed to come on halfway through the season.  I think he is a serviceable starter who can move inside.  Nice piece to have.

It was horribly frustrating watching Bryce play this season, but just about every variable worked against him.  Frank R. was familiar with the tall pocket QB approach and the offense suggested that Bryce find a way to function in it.  I am most disappointed with OL coach Campen and the lack of development involving Ekwonu.  Bozeman regressed here (not many people talking about it, but he gave up 10 sacks--probably because his guards sucked, but a center can't give up sacks.  Chark?   What the hell was that?  TMJ?  Done in the NFL.  Mingo?  Had the opportunity and stage to step up, but did not leave us feeling hopeful for 2024.  Theilen? Showed us the benefit of running good, crisp routes.  The TE room they bragged about preseason?  Keep Tremble and Ricci (who was on IR).  This "All Star" coaching staff?  Many experienced veterans see gigs like this as a reward for lifetime achievement and fail to put in the hours.  Give me some hungry, young coaches who have worked under great coaches. 

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, strato said:

I don’t think they could have done much worse with this team if they had been trying to intentionally fug it all up. I mean, we had a run game, they tore it down. They picked a player to run it that was insanely overrated and whose lack of a deep passing game could obviously had been hidden just a little behind guess what? Yes. A power run game.

Because of our starting QB’s limitations and the deconstruction of the offensive line’s mojo, people were able to play us differently than they played any other team. In fact, probably any other team ever. We may be the worst NFL offense ever. 

It impacted the gamin so many ways…. offenses don’t have to take chances because they don’t need to, to win. But screw that, they understand that they can take the chances now a lot more, because what are we going to do about it if they screw up? Nothing. There is no penalty for being sloppy against Carolina. Just go out there and stack the bo 

You can’t say for sure how many games would have been won but we probably could have had a much more normal Panthers season, not the historically bad, ugly and embarrassing one that we just watched. Yes we could have been in the hunt in December in a below .500 division. When the team sees what they saw in camp they knew. Everything changed when the pads went on. When they realized the team was serious about starting Bryce Young                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Morale died. There was no fire, no spark, from the very first preseason ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;mgame. STil il[l[[

The coaches did not believe in the offense.  When I see the offense, down by 2 scores in the fourth quarter taking the play clock down to "0", it was infuriating.  They played for a chance at a FG most of the time.  You are right--why should any DC fear a deep ball?  I have heard people on here complaining about Bryce, but what would they recommend?  Was this his talent or the play calling and lack of talent surrounding him?  62 sacks on a 5'10" 185 lb QB, and he played on. 

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

The coaches did not believe in the offense.  When I see the offense, down by 2 scores in the fourth quarter taking the play clock down to "0", it was infuriating.  They played for a chance at a FG most of the time.  You are right--why should any DC fear a deep ball?  I have heard people on here complaining about Bryce, but what would they recommend?  Was this his talent or the play calling and lack of talent surrounding him?  62 sacks on a 5'10" 185 lb QB, and he played on. 

Yes, it was a slippy slope.  Fallacy #1: We were only a QB away.  True, the defense was in good shape and would need some time to adjust to the 3-4, but the offense was not nearly as complete as Scott had thought.  Fallacy #2: Thinking Bryce was mentally ready to start day 1. No rookie QB is.  The best you can hope for is to insert him into a complimentary system with nice weapons at his disposal and let him grow while taking his lumps.  Fallacy#3:  Our offensive weapons were 'good enough.'  Scott honestly thought that what he brought in this offseason was good enough to support a rookie QB.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Yes, it was a slippy slope.  Fallacy #1: We were only a QB away.  True, the defense was in good shape and would need some time to adjust to the 3-4, but the offense was not nearly as complete as Scott had thought.  Fallacy #2: Thinking Bryce was mentally ready to start day 1. No rookie QB is.  The best you can hope for is to insert him into a complimentary system with nice weapons at his disposal and let him grow while taking his lumps.  Fallacy#3:  Our offensive weapons were 'good enough.'  Scott honestly thought that what he brought in this offseason was good enough to support a rookie QB.

Excellent points.  What Bryce could control (attitude, resiliency, toughness) he did well.  That is really all I could see this season.  He was sacked 12% of his passing attempts.  He was rushed or hurried most of the time.  I would have benched Young and let Andy take over while Young learned.  Yes, experience helps, but when that experience is counterproductive to development, you are only hurting the player.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Excellent points.  What Bryce could control (attitude, resiliency, toughness) he did well.  That is really all I could see this season.  He was sacked 12% of his passing attempts.  He was rushed or hurried most of the time.  I would have benched Young and let Andy take over while Young learned.  Yes, experience helps, but when that experience is counterproductive to development, you are only hurting the player.

David Carr would sign off on this statement.

• Pie 1