• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 should be like 2010

I hate losing and I hate watching this team play so poorly.  I was at the Jacksonville game and I have never seen a team so out of sync.  So many 3 and outs.  i literally was embarrassed to leave the Stadium.  The 2023 Panthers IMO was worse than the 2010 version. 

As many of you know tanking has never been in my vocabulary but 2024 should be treated like Richardson did in 2010.  He let people walk.  Paid no one any real money and we left the helm to Jimmy C.  Though it was an abysmal year it landed us Cam Newton and 8 years of decent football.

I think we let Burns walk and get the 3rd round compensation for him. Brown should be a core player along with Luvu on the defensive side.  Horn, I have no idea what to do with him.  He's been more of a bench rider than a star and probably need to cut ties with him.  Maybe trade him for whatever we can get.  Build capital for 2025. Offensively we need everything starting with a good head coach and offensive coordinator.  I think we have some pieces that we can hold onto but we seriously need to look for weapons to help our midget QB. 

Give Young 2024 to prove he's a franchise *cough gag choke* QB.   Sadly, I predict he won't be any better.  At 5'8" it only takes a solid bump and he's sacked.  Regardless of his pocket awareness.  He doesn't have nor will he ever, have the strength to escape.  As John Fox used to say.  "It is what it is". 

Sign Free Agents to one-year deals and gain as much cap space as possible for 2025.

I wish I could say this franchise needs just a couple of players, but the truth is we need a total rebuild. We have very little draft capital to build with. We're not going to be anywhere near a good team in 2024 so we should focus on 2025.  I suspect that our 2024 performance will be no better than 2023 and we'll be in the top 3 for draft order.

• Pie 3

Clean house with zero carry over in staff.

Bring on the prove it deals because it's volume time to turn this roster around.

Young should be in competition moving forward. They spent and wasted an entire year trying to prop that up with no meaningful movement out of all of that playing time but if he can't beat a Dalton out next year then it was never going to work anyways. 

Burns tag and trade or let walk for the optics to potential free agents. If he wants to fight then just blame Fritters and move on without the black eye of an ugly tag fight to start a new GMs time here.

Purge any players that are tradable that are not part of the future. Stop with the square pegs in round hole approach and don't rely on injury prone players to be available. Guys like Sanders can be traded while we eat cap as a win-win scenario. 

Focus on the lines first because they are a mess and would help everything else. figure out the scheme and then personnel. 

4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Clean house with zero carry over in staff.

Bring on the prove it deals because it's volume time to turn this roster around.

Young should be in competition moving forward. They spent and wasted an entire year trying to prop that up with no meaningful movement out of all of that playing time but if he can't beat a Dalton out next year then it was never going to work anyways. 

Burns tag and trade or let walk for the optics to potential free agents. If he wants to fight then just blame Fritters and move on without the black eye of an ugly tag fight to start a new GMs time here.

Purge any players that are tradable that are not part of the future. Stop with the square pegs in round hole approach and don't rely on injury prone players to be available. Guys like Sanders can be traded while we eat cap as a win-win scenario. 

Focus on the lines first because they are a mess and would help everything else. figure out the scheme and then personnel. 

I would like to keep Evero.  Considering his defense was forced to play 75% of the season I think he's a good DC. Keeping him for one more season could benefit us going into 2025.  If we retain him and he gets a HC gig in 2025 we get compensated with a 3rd round pick.  in 2025 draft capital should be a top priority. 

7 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I would like to keep Evero.  Considering his defense was forced to play 75% of the season I think he's a good DC. Keeping him for one more season could benefit us going into 2025.  If we retain him and he gets a HC gig in 2025 we get compensated with a 3rd round pick.  in 2025 draft capital should be a top priority. 

Losong decent people is the price of being so poorly run. With the stuff they had going on in that house a 100% cleaning would be best. He looks like a good DC and I am not sure he had any part of that activity but DCs are not the most difficult positions to fill in the modern NFL.

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I hate losing and I hate watching this team play so poorly.  I was at the Jacksonville game and I have never seen a team so out of sync.  So many 3 and outs.  i literally was embarrassed to leave the Stadium.  The 2023 Panthers IMO was worse than the 2010 version. 

As many of you know tanking has never been in my vocabulary but 2024 should be treated like Richardson did in 2010.  He let people walk.  Paid no one any real money and we left the helm to Jimmy C.  Though it was an abysmal year it landed us Cam Newton and 8 years of decent football.

I think we let Burns walk and get the 3rd round compensation for him. Brown should be a core player along with Luvu on the defensive side.  Horn, I have no idea what to do with him.  He's been more of a bench rider than a star and probably need to cut ties with him.  Maybe trade him for whatever we can get.  Build capital for 2025. Offensively we need everything starting with a good head coach and offensive coordinator.  I think we have some pieces that we can hold onto but we seriously need to look for weapons to help our midget QB. 

Give Young 2024 to prove he's a franchise *cough gag choke* QB.   Sadly, I predict he won't be any better.  At 5'8" it only takes a solid bump and he's sacked.  Regardless of his pocket awareness.  He doesn't have nor will he ever, have the strength to escape.  As John Fox used to say.  "It is what it is". 

Sign Free Agents to one-year deals and gain as much cap space as possible for 2025.

I wish I could say this franchise needs just a couple of players, but the truth is we need a total rebuild. We have very little draft capital to build with. We're not going to be anywhere near a good team in 2024 so we should focus on 2025.  I suspect that our 2024 performance will be no better than 2023 and we'll be in the top 3 for draft order.

Like we should have done in 2020 and 2022 and didn’t.

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Evero didn't light it up here.  Some of that is due to our switch to a 3-4, certainly.

But ToP wasn't a huge issue.  Our offense averaged 28:33 per game in ToP.  Yes, it was last in the league but it wasn't a massive problem.  For example, they were only 2 minutes less possession than Philly, who were 11th.  Washington was first in ToP . . . how'd that work out for them?

And the most important stat of all:

image.png.d8925fc747ebe483d97049d636a24b1c.png

We ended 29th in scoring defense. 

Yes, we've had injuries.  That's a big deal.  Yes, we switched systems.  So I don't lay all that awful at Evero's feet, but he's not been the "shining light" some would like us to believe.

And yes, despite having more ToP than any other team in football, the Washington Riveras managed to have the league's worst scoring defense.  Well played WTF, well played.