• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With Panthers cleaning house how safe is Bryce

1 hour ago, recceice said:

Omg!! This is not that hard..

Every job in the world has prerequisite requirements.. 

Its no doubt in anybody’s mind (other then a couple fans here) that working with BY having a plan to develop BY and getting pieces for BY to succeed is a major prerequisite requirement for this job..

Im sorry you don’t see this..

We get it, you're gay for Bryce, but does he even know you exist? I doubt he reads his forum, so shouldn't you try to slide into his DM instead?

1 hour ago, recceice said:

they Literally had BY rated behind Only Lawrence , Burrows and Herbert..

So one guy had him as the 4th best prospect since 2017….

Last QB that dude drafted was Kellen Mond in the 3rd….who didn’t make it past 1 year on the roster.  

His biggest QB draft pick ever was weak armed check down king Teddy Bridgewater 

• Beer 1

34 minutes ago, recceice said:

It’s a fact Number 1 picks get more then 1 year to prove themselves.. 

Its more a fact that picks that were traded for do… 
Sorry if I’m using historical fact to form my opinion..

Well, it’s not a fact.  Last 5 years. And there isn’t really a difference between #1 overall and all the top picks. 

#2 overall Wilson - benched year 2 

#3 overall - 4 total starts and isn’t with the team.  49ers gave up even more assets than we did for Bryce 

#10 overall - traded after 1 year 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Well, it’s not a fact.  Last 5 years. And there isn’t really a difference between #1 overall and all the top picks. 

#2 overall Wilson - benched year 2 

#3 overall - 4 total starts and isn’t with the team.  49ers gave up even more assets than we did for Bryce 

#10 overall - traded after 1 year 

We do understand the difference in what is an anomaly and what is standard procedure right??

If something happens more often then that’s the standard if it happens 3x compared to the 30+ times it didn’t that’s a anomaly..

And in 2 of your 3 examples.. Those players got more then 1 year.. 
Wilson is still on the Jets and Lance got hurt his 2nd year.. 

But let’s also add context..

Only thing comparable to what you think could happen here is Lance.. But that would take 

BY getting hurt

A 7th round QB playing all world 

and The team being good enough to win with a 7th round QB..

JMO I don’t see that scenario playing out here.. sorry

3 minutes ago, recceice said:

We do understand the difference in what is an anomaly and what is standard procedure right??

If something happens more often then that’s the standard if it happens 3x compared to the 30+ times it didn’t that’s a anomaly..

And in 2 of your 3 examples.. Those players got more then 1 year.. 
Wilson is still on the Jets and Lance got hurt his 2nd year.. 

But let’s also add context..

Only thing comparable to what you think could happen here is Lance.. But that would take 

BY getting hurt

A 7th round QB playing all world 

and The team being good enough to win with a 7th round QB..

JMO I don’t see that scenario playing out here.. sorry

Well, you declared it was a fact QBs get 2 years to prove themselves 

25% of the top 10 QBs in the half decade prior to Bryce didn’t get 2 full years to prove themselves before they were taken off the field 

and I invested no energy.  It was just top 10 over 5 years,  We really could look at all first rounders.  Top of my head, an example is 2022 first rounder was Pickett was just benched.  

the table is set for a new HC to bench him next year in season if doesn’t improve.  Like Wilson was but higher odds given this coach wouldn’t have drafted him.  

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

Well, you declared it was a fact QBs get 2 years to prove themselves 

25% of the top 10 QBs in the half decade prior to Bryce didn’t get 2 full years to prove themselves before they were taken off the field 

and I invested no energy.  It was just top 10 over 5 years,  We really could look at all first rounders.  Top of my head, an example is 2022 first rounder was Pickett was just benched.  

the table is set for a new HC to bench him next year in season if doesn’t improve.  Like Wilson was but higher odds given this coach wouldn’t have drafted him.  

Did you really just move the goal post?? 
 In what post did I say he couldn’t get bench for bad play next year.. 
You just try to change the debate adding a caveat nobody was disputing.. 

We were talking about BY even with a new GM and Coaching staff will get the opportunity to be the starter next year.. Nobody was talking about him being impossible to bench?? Smh

2 hours ago, recceice said:

It’s a fact Number 1 picks get more then 1 year to prove themselves.. 

Its more a fact that picks that were traded for do… 
Sorry if I’m using historical fact to form my opinion..

Your above statement is generally correct, but has nothing to do with the initial comment I responded to, that you tried to state as a fact when it was your opinion. But you do you man. 

Edited by Martin
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Martin said:

Your above statement is generally correct, but has nothing to do with the initial comment I responded to, that you tried to state as a fact when it was your opinion. But you do you man. 

The initial statement was is BY safe next year right..

11 hours ago, recceice said:

Did you really just move the goal post?? 
 In what post did I say he couldn’t get bench for bad play next year.. 
You just try to change the debate adding a caveat nobody was disputing.. 

We were talking about BY even with a new GM and Coaching staff will get the opportunity to be the starter next year.. Nobody was talking about him being impossible to bench?? Smh

Then what issue do you really have here.  No one is arguing Bryce is getting cut or won’t be the defacto 1 heading into next year…..but if you concede the possibility he can be benched next year then you should also be able to get why the next HC will need to add talent to his QB room for someone who can take over and not be pointless.  

10 hours ago, recceice said:

The initial statement was is BY safe next year right..

He isn’t safe, as in he isn’t guaranteed to have the starting job all season just because he was the #1 overall pick. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Then what issue do you really have here.  No one is arguing Bryce is getting cut or won’t be the defacto 1 heading into next year…..but if you concede the possibility he can be benched next year then you should also be able to get why the next HC will need to add talent to his QB room for someone who can take over and not be pointless.  

Yes there are ppl here actually arguing BY being traded in this actual thread..

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

He isn’t safe, as in he isn’t guaranteed to have the starting job all season just because he was the #1 overall pick. 

Agree to disagree.. He will literally be given every opportunity to fail next year before the team does anything to move on.. It will take some catastrophic failure on his part before the team gives up on the investment they made.. jmo

In football that is as safe as you can be..

Edited by recceice