• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nick Saban Retires.

4 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Seems like that Alabama job isn't as great as people think.

Also who wants to live in Tuscaloosa?

I thought the wash HC had already agreed??

You can get a lot bang for buck there(house land wise), but if you have a family, pass.... Its also got some of the most dangerous areas in the US. Still Nick ran the state and you had to pay him a tax upon entering. He leftd a great team, but the portal could ruin it fast. 

Edited by Basbear

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I thought the wash HC had already agreed??

You can get a lot bang for buck there(house land wise), but if you have a family, pass.... Its also got some of the most dangerous areas in the US. Still Nick ran the state and you had to pay him a tax upon entering. He leftd a great team, but the portal could ruin it fast. 

Yeah they hired the Washington HC, but that program will never be the seem. I don't see them being a powerhouse anymore. And yes players are already transferring.

Good luck getting people there without Saban in the picture.

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah they hired the Washington HC, but that program will never be the seem. I don't see them being a powerhouse anymore. And yes players are already transferring.

Good luck getting people there without Saban in the picture.

One of the reasons they were able to keep Nick happy was the boosters are willing to spend whatever the price is. Plus if the new guy is able to keep Nicks best recruiters there, the machine will stay competitive.

Edited by Basbear

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

One of the reasons they were able to keep Nick happy was the boosters are willing to spend whatever the price is. Plus if the new guy is able to keep Nicks best recruiters there, the machine will stay competitive.

All those best recruiters were able to point at Nick Saban…

Bama about to be present day Auburn.  Just another SEC team. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

All those best recruiters were able to point at Nick Saban…

Bama about to be present day Auburn.  Just another SEC team. 

Agreed. Anyone who thinks the dynasty will continue without Saban is in for a rude awakening.

Saban was going to retire dude hated the NIL. He knew it was time to let it go.

Deboer just took Washington, the Washington Huskies, to the CFP National Championship Game in his second season there. Yet CRA and CWC are in here touring how Bama is going to fall off a cliff?  Hahaha. 

While I expect a drop-off, Bama will still be relevant. Bama will still pull recruits. Bama will still be in the mix. 

A lot of wishful thinking in here. 

• Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Bama Panther said:

Deboer just took Washington, the Washington Huskies, to the CFP National Championship Game in his second season there. Yet CRA and CWC are in here touring how Bama is going to fall off a cliff?  Hahaha. 

While I expect a drop-off, Bama will still be relevant. Bama will still pull recruits. Bama will still be in the mix. 

A lot of wishful thinking in here. 

he wont be worse than Shula lmao.

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, DJ feed me moore said:

he wont be worse than Shula lmao.

Absolutely  I was in law school at Bama during the Shula years. I actually expect DeBoer to do well at Bama, so long as he can handle the pressure of following Saban. Don’t know if they’ll maintain their level of play over the last 15 years, but he’ll do well. 

• Pie 1