• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brad Idzik is our OC

22 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

This is the norm for offensive HCs. See Super Bowl 

The norm…what horseshet.  Plenty of teams have the OC make the play calls including our new coach who called them Tampa last season.

Please do some homework next time so you don’t get laughed at

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

The norm…what horseshet.  Plenty of teams have the OC make the play calls including our new coach who called them Tampa last season.

Are you stupid or just can't read? Re-read my post. See where I said OFFENSIVE head coaches? Now remind me, what is Todd Bowles background? 

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

Canales will be calling plays this year. He called plays in TB because his head coach was a defensive guy. Of course plenty of OC’s call plays. However, most of those guys have head coaches from the defensive side of the ball.

3 minutes ago, Shocker said:

You know what, I got nothing going on tonight, I can spend some time to call you out. Offensive HCs and if they call plays themselves:

Andy Reid - Y

Kyle Shanahan - Y

Sean Payton - Y

Zac Taylor - Y

Dan Campbell - N

Doug Pederson - Y

Matt LeFleur - Y

Shane Steichen - Y

Brian Dabol - N

Kevin Stefanski - Y

Mike McCarthy - Y

Mike McDaniel - Y (never called plays before getting the Miami)

Kevin O'Connell - Y

Nick Sirriani - N

What is that? 20%? Seems like 80% of offensive HC's calling plays does equate to that being the norm. Please do some homework next time so you don’t get laughed at. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

That doesn't take into account how many games each qb played lol. Switch to ypa or something more useful and get back to me. He's obviously not better than Cousins or Burrow just because they missed lots of games for example

No, I'm not cherry picking anything to fit a narrative. Also clearly Cousins and Burrow are better QBs than Bryce right now, there's no question. I just went to the official listings and pulled the list as it stands. Carr is 13th btw. 

Only saying, 4000 yards and a 3:1 ratio is not an average 20th ranked QB in the NFL. 

15 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

No, I'm not cherry picking anything to fit a narrative. Also clearly Cousins and Burrow are better QBs than Bryce right now, there's no question. I just went to the official listings and pulled the list as it stands. Carr is 13th btw. 

Only saying, 4000 yards and a 3:1 ratio is not an average 20th ranked QB in the NFL. 

Here's a better example of yards per season. Bryce played almost every game so he has a lot of work to do to get into the top 20 which here starts at 3665 or so. No surprise we're dead last and the only game he did miss Dalton threw for 361 of our season total lol 

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/passing-yards-per-game

Edited by Jackie Lee

11 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Here's a better example of yards per season. Bryce played almost every game so he has a lot of work to do to get into the top 20 which here starts at 3665 or so. No surprise we're dead last and the only game he did miss Dalton threw for 361 of our season total lol 

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/passing-yards-per-game

Wouldn’t all of this make it more impressive if Canales gets Young numbers just short of what Baker put up? That’s quite a leap in development and my whole point. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Wouldn’t all of this make it more impressive if Canales gets Young numbers just short of what Baker put up? That’s quite a leap in development and my whole point. 

If he throws for 3500 and 20 td's I'll be impressed. Or averages that if he doesn't play the whole season due to injury. Picks are kinda a skewed stat depending on tips/wrong routes/hail mary etc

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

I think some of these fans are not going to be satisfied even if Bryce improves quite a bit next season. 

Ok so Teddy B for example threw for 3733 15 tds and 11 ints and Tepper/Rhule whoever were not impressed, that's roughly my baseline for acceptable improvement give or take a couple hundred yards