• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade Deadline

1 minute ago, CarolinaWillRise said:

We will see, you seem to think teams will trade a scorer for scaps.

I like all 3 but I'm betting they are all on the table.

No, I don't think teams will trade a scorer for (I think you meant) scraps, but unlike you and some others I look a few years down the road where we will have to replace some of our core guys and I'd like to actually have good players we developed.

I have named plenty of players that aren't "scraps" in our system and picks are in play too.  Those assets can get it done.  If the Rangers or Vegas want to overpay then let them.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Chief_Chokeaho said:

prepare to get WLOGd

As much as I loathe Mr. Asshole Policeman, that is way too rich!

Anybody here willing to move Jarvy and a 1st for Jake from State Pen?

No Way Friday GIF

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

No, I don't think teams will trade a scorer for (I think you meant) scraps, but unlike you and some others I look a few years down the road where we will have to replace some of our core guys and I'd like to actually have good players we developed.

I have named plenty of players that aren't "scraps" in our system and picks are in play too.  Those assets can get it done.  If the Rangers or Vegas want to overpay then let them.

They are bottom 6 potential players.... 

The Canes have a ridiculously full pipeline due to the fact that they have KEPT their guys, this team has been a cup contender for 2-4? Years and have faltered at not having enough scoring sometimes you have to pay the piper that time is now.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

As much as I loathe Mr. Asshole Policeman, that is way too rich!

Anybody here willing to move Jarvy and a 1st for Jake from State Pen?

No Way Friday GIF

Yeah for that they can have him....

I doubt that's NYs offer though just more talk out of spectators azzes

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, CarolinaWillRise said:

They are bottom 6 potential players.... 

The Canes have a ridiculously full pipeline due to the fact that they have KEPT their guys, this team has been a cup contender for 2-4? Years and have faltered at not having enough scoring sometimes you have to pay the piper that time is now.

and those bottom 6 prospects plus 1st round draft picks, plus other picks can get players we would want. 

I don't want to give up players like Pono, FUS, Nikishin, Morrow who will probably be on our NHL roster starting as early as next year.

It's all in the ask of the other team and what we kind of offers we are competing with.

• Beer 1