• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How about Steve Wilkes?

WarHeel

On 2/12/2024 at 9:13 AM, jamos14 said:

Yup. He had JAG at QB and threw the ball 38 times.  

He had OPOY CMC who was averaging 5.5yards per touch and they forgot about him.

lol nice spin job. CMC averaged just 3.6 yards per carry and had 30 touches that game, 7 of those “jag” throws were to McCaffrey and many of his yards came on a trick play. Shanahan had some questionable play calling and game management decisions but you can’t say he “forgot” about McCaffrey. He rode him pretty damn hard despite not being efficient as a runner

10 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I don’t know what point you’re trying to make from the first part. He took over from good DCs so it’s not his fault he’s not as good as them?  And as to the second part, sure he’s a better leader than Reich or Rhule but see my above post for my full feelings on him as an HC. His absolute ceiling as a HC is a poor man’s Rivera. I saw him as HC for us, he’s WAAAY too conservative and scared. Nothing would be worse than to get stuck in the purgatory of being good enough to not get fired but too bad to be a contender. 

I agree with this except I think with the right coordinators he could be as good or better than Rivera. He's got the same locker room dad thing going for him that Ron did but even moreso. I don't like that approach to the staff though because 1.) you have to hit on the coordinators 2.) if they're successful you won't keep them for very long and there's no consistency.

So yeah he's a good leader but I also don't want him calling plays. HC is more than just a supervisor role.