• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke -- 1st ballot HoF?

t96

3 hours ago, Stingray3030 said:

That sir would be called cherry picking - 4 out of 5 years huh?  So we just ignore 2011, 2012, 2018?  And what did he do in those Playoffs?  3-4, 7 INT, 5 FUM.  And remember who this thread is about....the 1st ballot HOFer who ACTUALLY carried this team from 2012-2017....not Cam.

I mean, Cam literally rewrote the NFL rookie record book from top to bottom in 2011.   That's not what you would circle as a year Cam wasn't getting things done. 

if I had to make a list of some of the worst officiated games in Panther history....2 of those are Cam playoff games.  I mean, if Cam Newton had been officiated like any other QB of his era was.....his record and success on paper would have most likely been very different. 

I mean, I don't think he makes the HOF because he was never treated normal in any way shape or form from the moment he emerged at Auburn.  Cam IMO is the clear cut #1 overall Panther of all time IMO if you take everything he did and meant into the equation. 

Luke should be a first ballot.  He won't be most likely.  But he is the best technical player in franchise history.   And Luke has the best case to get in to date now that Peppers is off the board.  Jumping 89 IMO. 

Patrick Willis getting in pretty much guarantees Luke will get in. Not sure if he'll be 1st ballot but that'd be great. I'm not going to squabble if he doesn't get in till his 2nd year if some people penalize him for his short career. But it's obvious the committee values dominance over longevity which bodes well.

On 2/16/2024 at 10:31 AM, Mage said:

I love Cam Newton.  

There is no way he makes the Hall of Fame.  If you think he is deserving, you are entitled to your opinion.  But he is 100% not getting voted into the HOF.  

I have to agree with this. Cam is in about a 3 way tie as one of my all time favorite Panthers and my son grew up loving him so he holds a very special place in my heart. With that said unfortunately he won't get in the hall of fame. If he could have had a good run of the 2015 season multiple seasons I would have said yes he probably will. Unfortunately his physical play hurt that ability to do what he did in 2015 multiple years in a row. I doubt he ever gets in to the hall but I love him none the less and he will always be one of my favorite Panthers and actually when it comes down to it probably is mine.

• Beer 1