• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs panthers 7pm

Epic game last night. It took about 5 minutes to realize just how physical this one was going to be.

The 4-minute PK was unbelievable, and the roof went off PNC when Staal came out of the box. Only to be followed by a standing O for Kochetkov making one huge save after another.

Aho's goal with 18.9 after the Panthers goal was wiped off the board for offside? Loudest I've been in PNC since the playoffs of 2019.

A huge, playoff-style win and a regular season game that will be hard to beat. I was on the edge of my seat almost the entire game. My ears were still ringing when I got home..... and my drive is almost an hour.

------------------------

Now the bad.... when will leagues in any sport start holding officials accountable for being incompetent, blind or both? For the Canes to have played that game last night and gotten one PP out of the deal is ridiculous. Holding sticks, interference, high sticks... the officials just plainly did not make the calls when they occurred. Martinook got hit with a high stick twice in he 3rd, the second being intentional, Turbo had his head pushed into the ice which sent him to the bench for a couple missed shifts.

• Pie 4

2 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Epic game last night. It took about 5 minutes to realize just how physical this one was going to be.

The 4-minute PK was unbelievable, and the roof went off PNC when Staal came out of the box. Only to be followed by a standing O for Kochetkov making one huge save after another.

Aho's goal with 18.9 after the Panthers goal was wiped off the board for offside? Loudest I've been in PNC since the playoffs of 2019.

A huge, playoff-style win and a regular season game that will be hard to beat. I was on the edge of my seat almost the entire game. My ears were still ringing when I got home..... and my drive is almost an hour.

------------------------

Now the bad.... when will leagues in any sport start holding officials accountable for being incompetent, blind or both? For the Canes to have played that game last night and gotten one PP out of the deal is ridiculous. Holding sticks, interference, high sticks... the officials just plainly did not make the calls when they occurred. Martinook got hit with a high stick twice in he 3rd, the second being intentional, Turbo had his head pushed into the ice which sent him to the bench for a couple missed shifts.

They called it like a playoff game. If Staal didn’t draw blood I don’t think they would have called that. That said I agree on Martinook and Turbo. Turbo was major safety. His head bounced twice. They should have called the second one that hit Martinook for consistency. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

This was a last minute decision for me to get a ticket on gameday, but man am I ever glad that I did. The building was incredible and when Aho scored it felt like everyone could finally exhale. Easily the best regular season game that I've been to and I was blessed enough to go the game vs. Arizona where we scored twice in the last 30 seconds to win the game. These close games are not good for my heart but they are fantastic for my soul.

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

TDA has been very good since Chatfield went down. He has no points but is a +3.

I’m hopeful that the Canes hang on to him because he could be a great depth piece in the playoffs.

I know one of the papers did a peace where he wants to play to continue his career… but this season we need that 7th D. Just in case. 

5 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I know one of the papers did a peace where he wants to play to continue his career… but this season we need that 7th D. Just in case. 

There’s not a whole lot of guys I’m really interested in this trade deadline. I don’t see a game changer out there so I’d just look for a depth piece.

Personally, I’d look at adding Anthony Duclair.

He can probably be had for a pick and with some cap gymnastics the Canes should be able to fit him in.

But I don’t think I’d move anyone from the active roster. Throw Raanta on LTIR and be done with it.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

Honestly ... was thinking Bunt would square up with Chuk ... but glad Svech showed there is more than one that can take care of business.  I go back to when Svech got into it with Ovechkin.  The kid has an edge that is good for this team.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, tailg8or said:

Honestly ... was thinking Bunt would square up with Chuk ... but glad Svech showed there is more than one that can take care of business.  I go back to when Svech got into it with Ovechkin.  The kid has an edge that is good for this team.

Bunting is a pest not power forward or enforcer....

Svechnikov has punt on a lot of muscle since then (weights probably 40 pounds more now) not surprising he took out the Thatchuk (anther Power Forward)

17 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

TDA has been very good since Chatfield went down. He has no points but is a +3.

I’m hopeful that the Canes hang on to him because he could be a great depth piece in the playoffs.

Yes. Playing smarter and more responsibly. 

I thought for sure he had the 1st goal the other night when he came right down Broadway unchecked with speed and rang the post.

For some reason I thought he was a couple years older than he is. 

Edited by Anybodyhome