• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who do you want to bring in to compete with Moore?

mick eye

You are entitled to your opinion but i will already say that those that say the following are idiots.

1. Mike "Con" Vick

2. Tim "Christian Crusader" The Golden Calf of Bristol

3. Colt "Glass Joe" McCoy

So be serious about it. Actual free agents or draft picks that do not require a trade up or a our 1st pick.

I personally do not feel Moore needs a "mentor" i would rather have a young corp to develop together. That way we have trade bait or a solid young backup. Old men mentors are the type that Fox could end up making a starter.

I personally think we should check into a Browns QB. Not Brady "Akili" Quinn but Brett Ratliff. A young corp with potential of Moore, Ratliff and Cantwell is what i would like to see.

Jeff Garcia would be cool with me. He's a lot like Jake but his career never imploded. I also wouldn't be against McCown coming back. I think it's widely agreed the Panthers will draft a QB at some point in the draft. A good one might fall to our second round pick.

Im not so sure why everyone isn't against Josh McCown coming back. He looked GOD AWFUL the times he saw the field. In preseason and regular season. Derek Anderson is an improvement over him and thats not saying much. Look for us to draft one in the mid to late rounds and bring in a veteran. The vet will backup Moore and Cantwell will battle for the #3 with the rookie. Either way one of them will be practice squaded though.

Is it me or are the crop of young QBs getting worse annually? It could be defenses are getting better. I can remember when teams typcially had two solid QBs. Remember when Young was holding the clipboard for Montana?

It seems to me the last draft year where top QBs were hyped to play well and actually have was the Manning/Rivers draft. It has been very spotty at best since then.

Is it me or are the crop of young QBs getting worse annually? It could be defenses are getting better. I can remember when teams typcially had two solid QBs. Remember when Young was holding the clipboard for Montana?

It seems to me the last draft year where top QBs were hyped to play well and actually have was the Manning/Rivers draft. It has been very spotty at best since then.

I agree. With "5 yard contact" and all the QB protection rules in place, there is even more reasons for good QB's to flourish. And we've seen that. The season TD record has been broken twice, dozens of QBs are throwing for 4000 yards and a bunch of TDs a season, with ratings over 100. Teams lucky enough to have QBs of this caliber usually make the playoffs, or at least have a winning record.

Then there are the Jamarcus Russells of the league.

I think the good QBs are still there, it's just a matter of coaching them to play in the league today.

Archived