• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Sign Marcus Hudson

HubKat

Maybe we'll realize at some point that offense and defense could use some help too.

thing is we have been complaining for years about special teams not getting any attention and it has been biting us in the but more than jake has.

at least now they aren't considering it a back burner thing that they never get around to dealing with. it was one of the areas of greatest needs and it's finally getting a priority. once this is taken care of then we can deal with shoring up the other areas. plenty of time to do that still.

Yay, and now we need to sign about 4 or 5 more linebackers for kick coverage and THEN we can START to address the offense and defense. BUT not until the STs are completely shored up, mind you.

We'll draft around two LB's this year it's a deep class with great 4-3 guys in the middle rounds.

I think I'm seeing the blue print for "success" in 2010: 1) solid STs 2) ball control offense and 3) bend and don't break...ah, who am I kidding, break but not utterly crumble defense.

Meaning, we don't have to improve the WR spot if we are going to run 75% of the time, create tunovers while winning the feild position in STs and have a solid enough back seven to force the opposing offense to run the ball in a methodical, time killing way.

i'm glad to see ST are a priority this year. if we get a good number two WR as well, and make improvements on the DL, this *should* be one of the better offseasons in recent memory.

definitely. we were ranked last or close to last in almost every special teams category, good to see they are fixing(or at least trying) it.

I think I'm seeing the blue print for "success" in 2010: 1) solid STs 2) ball control offense and 3) bend and don't break...ah, who am I kidding, break but not utterly crumble defense.

Meaning, we don't have to improve the WR spot if we are going to run 75% of the time, create tunovers while winning the feild position in STs and have a solid enough back seven to force the opposing offense to run the ball in a methodical, time killing way.

yeah..But how far will running it 75% of the time get you today??? going to need to pass it more

there are still some returners out there i would like to see us go after.

the one i'm most interested in is clifton smith. he's listed on the bucs as an RB but he's just a really good KR/PR. can handle both jobs and be a pretty big upgrade on both.

Archived