• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you trade our first again?

Brokenbad

If a player that answers a need is available, and we are in a position to trade with a team willing to move, I would absolutely trade next year's selection for a first this year... People tend to get too hung up on the shock of 'oh no we just traded away a first rounder!'... When in fact, you're actually SWAPPING first rounders... So you didn't really give one away, you just swapped one for the other... Now, in the long run what it WILL cost you is a 3rd or 4th or whatever it takes for it to be worth the other team's time... But, again, the Panthers have a ton of needs, and not a ton of picks... Free agency is slim pickin's this year... It wasn't great to begin with, and it's worse now... If we can get someone by trading a 2011 pick for a 2010 pick that comes in and helps us immediately, then you'd be shortsighted to dismiss it without giving it some serious thought... I'm actually hoping we do just this... We've got to find the talent from somewhere, and we need it in 2010... Worry about 2010 now, and let 2011 take care of itself when it gets here...

Seriously? The Golden Calf of Bristol is the WORST this draft has to offer?

Maybe burning a future 1st in order to get him could qualify that way...but we could do the same for someone like....hell I don't know *checks draft ranking website* Lyle Moevao....

well i mean i was trying to be realistic

if we're just going to throw reality to the wind we'd be trading our next 10 first rounders for the rights to jamarcus russell

I would. I really think we got ourselves in a hole because we are a a position where we kinda need that first round pick. Honestly I think we should just let this be a every year thing. I think it is going to happen again this year and I don't mind it happening every year. Worst thing that could happen is that we draft a bust or have a bad year but I'm not a fan of getting top 1st round picks because of the money involved.

Who for? Carlos Dunlap-NOPE. Bay Bay Thomas-NOPE. Sean Weatherspoon-NOPE. I honestly think this might be the year we should stay put. But the lockout is coming, the lockout is coming. Aint shite gonna happen. The lifting of the salary cap was a temporary measure to rid everyone of dead-weight. I sincerely doubt anyone falls out of the 1st that we want that bad. I hear the same folks that say the lockout is coming saying we have holes in our roster. I call BS.

Who for? Carlos Dunlap-NOPE. Bay Bay Thomas-NOPE. Sean Weatherspoon-NOPE. I honestly think this might be the year we should stay put. But the lockout is coming, the lockout is coming. Aint shite gonna happen. The lifting of the salary cap was a temporary measure to rid everyone of dead-weight. I sincerely doubt anyone falls out of the 1st that we want that bad. I hear the same folks that say the lockout is coming saying we have holes in our roster. I call BS.

I think we can get Dunlap in the second. I actually think we will trade to get a early second round pick. Its actually not a bad idea, they aren't as expensive and we wont have to give up as much. Our number one need in the draft is Wide receiver followed by defensive linemen, linebacker and secondary. I just hope we don't trade another first round pick for a second round pick.

ya I would, the 32nd pick isn't valuable anyways

Hmmm, the 16th pick overall this year certainly is.

Look at what smart teams like the Patriots have done. Trading for Da Raiders 2011 #1 pick. Makes one think that rookie salary cap will be in place. Reasonably priced top ten picks FTW.

Yeah i know its not like Everette Brown did it in a much shallower class. You are a fool if you don't at least look at our recent history and think that it is at least just as likely to happen as it is not. I would love to get either Weatherspoon or Thomas. Both have massive upside in our scheme.

Archived