• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Millers' 7 Round Mock (Panthers info only)

And damnit, you just don't know what "open" is either. 

XL needs to refine his route running, sure, but he has a little more nuance than some give him credit for, and he is a boss at using his frame to get the damned ball. You put him in situations where he can get vertical quickly, and he's going to do that.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

And damnit, you just don't know what "open" is either. 

XL needs to refine his route running, sure, but he has a little more nuance than some give him credit for, and he is a boss at using his frame to get the damned ball. You put him in situations where he can get vertical quickly, and he's going to do that.

call me crazy but I would rather not spend another 2nd rounder (marshall mingo) on a guy that needs to "refine" his route running

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, top dawg said:

That's untrue. It's simply just untrue. 

I know facts hurt when you get vested into something but the guy is not a good route runner.  He’s a 3/4 round pick.  I will take good route runner any day over straight line speed.

1 minute ago, Tr3ach said:

How do you explain not having any questions at all about his first 4 seasons?

He got his shot, and he ran away with it in a huge way. He got his turn. This, all amid some personal struggles. Plus, before Rattler, you couldn't pick out his QB in a lineup. Funny how that works, huh?

You're right, he is a vertical receiver, but he's also a bully ball receiver. Not only will he move the chains, but he is always a threat to take it to the house.

Keep in mind that you're likely not going to find the perfect receiver going out of college on day 2.

1 minute ago, Lame Duck said:

I know facts hurt when you get vested into something but the guy is not a good route runner.  He’s a 3/4 round pick.  I will take good route runner any day over straight line speed.

You can say what you want, ai watched his catches, and he was open plenty. College receivers are basically going to do whatever they are asked to do. At the Senior Bowl, he showed some untapped potential at route running. 

Never mind the fact that we just acquired arguably the best route runner in the league the last five years, or that we have another guy, albeit aging, that is a proven route runner as well. 

The same people who are talking crap about Legette were all on board with Tee Higgins, and Higgins is not a particularly great route runner himself, he's a jump ball god, much like Legette has shown the potential to be.

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

call me crazy but I would rather not spend another 2nd rounder (marshall mingo) on a guy that needs to "refine" his route running

Well you're going to severely limit your pool because the preponderance of receivers coming out of college need to refine their route running.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

You can say what you want, ai watched his catches, and he was open plenty. College receivers are basically going to do whatever they are asked to do. At the Senior Bowl, he showed some untapped potential at route running. 

Never mind the fact that we just acquired arguably the best route runner in the league the last five years, or that we have another guy, albeit aging, that is a proven route runner as well. 

The same people who are talking crap about Legette were all on board with Tee Higgins, and Higgins is not a particularly great route runner himself, he's a jump ball god, much like Legette has shown the potential to be.

Higgins is a great route runner

Just fantastic movement ability for his size. He is creating a ton of separation on these plays and is not utilizing any type of push-off either. Most guys who are as big as Higgins can only create this type of separation on isolation routes with push-offs. However, he can also use his physicality to create separation in this area of the field as well.
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/analyzing-three-areas-tee-higgins-dominates

Edited by Lame Duck

4 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

Look, I don't have the time to argue, as I have to go back to work, but Higgins needs to work on his route running to become a more complete receiver. 

https://atozsports.com/film-room/tee-higgins-solves-cincinnati-bengals-problems-film-breakdown/

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

At least do some research and watch vids and film, (there's some All-22 out there) and read scoring reports before making lazy takes.

Just like my lazy take on Bryce last year?  Anyways, continue to watch YouTube and think you some sort of analyst.  I’ll continue to follow NFL models.

IMG_6193.thumb.jpeg.78ed597493dfed5b3e204dc6822b9cb1.jpeg

• Pie 3