• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You can breath a sigh of relief…

Posted (edited)

There is this though… effective 2 year contract if he plays a game anywhere this season. 

Somebody on the defense isn’t coming back next year and cup depending I’m going to bet something y’all don’t want to hear. It’s gonna be Brady over Pesce OR both. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

The way Pesce plays, when he starts to decline, it’ll be quick and fast in my opinion. He’s a guy that I wouldn’t give more than a three year contract to.

Skjei on the other hand, his game should allow him to continue playing at a high level until his mid 30’s, similar to Burns.

My hope is that instead of bringing Necas back, he gets offer-sheeted and the money we would have used for him goes to Skjei while also picking up a first round pick.

Just spit-balling for next year:

Guentezl (re-sign) - Aho - Jarvis (re-sign)

Svechnikov - Kuznetsov- Teravainen (re-sign)

Martinook (re-sign) - Staal - Fast

Kotkaniemi - Drury (re-sign) - Noesen (re-sign)

Unger-Sorum

Slavin - Burns

Orlov - Chatfield (re-sign)

Skjei (re-sign) - Morrow

Andersen

Kochetkov

Martin

The Canes are also going to have to make decisions on Suzuki, Heimosalmi, Seeley, Coghlan, Tieksola, Murray, Mendel, Comtois, Smith, and Burke. I’m under the impression that DeAngelo and Raanta definitely won’t be back.

We also need to make a decision on Lucas Mercuri who I think we should get under contract. He has the potential to be a physical 4C. Mercuri and Nybeck are the last remaining prospects of the 2020 draft that are still unsigned. Now we are starting to take care of the 2021 draft as Morrow was signed.

As far as potential free agent targets… I’d love to bring in Anthony Duclair as a potential top nine player and then I wouldn’t mind Colin Miller or Jani Hakanpää as players to push Morrow.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

The way Pesce plays, when he starts to decline, it’ll be quick and fast in my opinion. He’s a guy that I wouldn’t give more than a three year contract to.

Skjei on the other hand, his game should allow him to continue playing at a high level until his mid 30’s, similar to Burns.

My hope is that instead of bringing Necas back, he gets offer-sheeted and the money we would have used for him goes to Skjei while also picking up a first round pick.

Just spit-balling for next year:

Guentezl (re-sign) - Aho - Jarvis (re-sign)

Svechnikov - Kuznetsov- Teravainen (re-sign)

Martinook (re-sign) - Staal - Fast

Kotkaniemi - Drury (re-sign) - Noesen (re-sign)

Unger-Sorum

Slavin - Burns

Orlov - Chatfield (re-sign)

Skjei (re-sign) - Morrow

Andersen

Kochetkov

Martin

The Canes are also going to have to make decisions on Suzuki, Heimosalmi, Seeley, Coghlan, Tieksola, Murray, Mendel, Comtois, Smith, and Burke. I’m under the impression that DeAngelo and Raanta definitely won’t be back.

We also need to make a decision on Lucas Mercuri who I think we should get under contract. He has the potential to be a physical 4C. Mercuri and Nybeck are the last remaining prospects of the 2020 draft that are still unsigned. Now we are starting to take care of the 2021 draft as Morrow was signed.

As far as potential free agent targets… I’d love to bring in Anthony Duclair as a potential top nine player and then I wouldn’t mind Colin Miller or Jani Hakanpää as players to push Morrow.

I couldn’t have wrote it better my self. That is a mic drop lineup.  Maybe just maybe Nikishin comes in but that’s it. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

45 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

I couldn’t have wrote it better my self. That is a mic drop lineup.  Maybe just maybe Nikishin comes in but that’s it. 

Nikishin will definitely be here by 25’ and I think Blake and Nadeau will be ready by then as well. The Canes won’t be rebuilding, they’ll be reloading.

• Pie 2

22 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Nikishin will definitely be here by 25’ and I think Blake and Nadeau will be ready by then as well. The Canes won’t be rebuilding, they’ll be reloading.

This. Plus, reloading with youth here allows for us to make a run at a Guentzel deal/keep Jarvy. Love you pesh and brady. thx 4 the memz. hope you get to lift hardware and put your name on it on your way out

• Pie 2

I think they'd like to keep Skjei, but he may want too much.  Plan B might be seeing what Pesce's camp is asking for now after this season where he hasn't been as good and a better deal might keep him with the Canes if Skjei wants $$$.

We do have our farm system though and for that I am thankful.  The team has been managed well by Waddles and the Brain Trust.

• Pie 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

I think they'd like to keep Skjei, but he may want too much.  Plan B might be seeing what Pesce's camp is asking for now after this season where he hasn't been as good and a better deal might keep him with the Canes if Skjei wants $$$.

We do have our farm system though and for that I am thankful.  The team has been managed well by Waddles and the Brain Trust.

Ya I don’t see a situation where skjei stays, even with the cap increase. Kuz kinda fugged that deal if Guenz, Jarvis, Chatty, etc stay.

Edited by Harbingers
  • Beer 1