• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offseason program begins

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

Scott Fitterer said this practically verbatim before the draft to justify the selection.

But now it's apparently a wholly unreasonable and absurd expectation.

The level of coddling is worse than with Darnold. And that's saying something.

Exactly. A year later, now we are asking for too much and being unreasonable. I also remember when people weren't worried about his size because the refs would protect him from big hits unlike Cam. People actually said that, now its irrelevant when brought up in the future. lol

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I"m assuming if he was making a concerted effort to improve himself or workout/throw with his teammates it would have been on social media or Panthers would have written a fluff piece on it. He looks the same and the only thing on social is him going to a few charity events and youth football camps and basketball games

IMG_4575.thumb.jpeg.71a675a052d30d81a216a56f25815848.jpeg

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Cam was a fuging MVP lol

Bryce Young put up one of the worst rookie season statlines ever.

It's flat out disrespect to draw comparisons.

He was an MVP in year 1? Don’t make me do the thing where I have to state the fact that Cam walked into an offense with two established RBs, a hall of fame WR, and two very good TEs. Combine that with the fact that he’s Cam Newton yea things looked a little differently his rookie year. 

• Pie 3

Just now, AceBoogie said:

He was an MVP in year 1? Don’t make me do the thing where I have to state the fact that Cam walked into an offense with two established RBs, a hall of fame WR, and two very good TEs. Combine that with the fact that he’s Cam Newton yea things looked a little differently his rookie year. 

He received ROTY honors. He looked like he belonged at every level even before Auburn.

You're diminishing him to prop up BY.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

You’ve already written off Bryce when no football has been played in 2024.

No....But i am worried about 2023 when he wasnt even ranked among 32 QBs, and now going into year 2 when everybody said he would use the off season to approve mentally and physically i havent noticed anything yet so far, and this was the guy who was drafted number 1 overall. But i shouldnt be concerned? 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

His name is Ace Boogie…please don’t.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

And yet Cams talent alone showed clearly even with having all those things around him, if you had sent Clausen out there, we would been just as bad as we were the previous and dont act like that isnt true. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, frankw said:

He received ROTY honors. He looked like he belonged at every level even before Auburn.

You're diminishing him to prop up BY.

Who the fug here defended Cam more than I? For YEARS. What is wrong with you bro, seriously. Has my name and avatar changed in a decade?

• Pie 2

Just now, CPF4LIFE said:

No....But i am worried about 2023 when he wasnt even ranked among 32 QBs, and now going into year 2 when everybody said he would use the off season to approve mentally and physically i havent noticed anything yet so far, and this was the guy who was drafted number 1 overall. But i shouldnt be concerned? 

His year 1 was the biggest cluster fug of a team offensively anyone has ever seen. When multiple talking heads say he wasn’t even a chance it might be wise to take their word and wait and see. Frank Reich and his staff was literally work than the Texans David Culley staff.

The tone of this discussion in the face of facts and actual truths is beginning to remind me of Kyle Allen.

Hell at least he showed some flashes to justify the vehement defenses of him.

Edited by frankw
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

The tone of this discussion in the face of facts and actual truths is beginning to remind me of Kyle Allen.

Hell at least he showed some flashes to justify the vehement defenses of him.

God what an awful argument 

are you the The Real Deal incarnation?

Edited by Panthercougar68
  • Pie 1

Just now, Panthercougar68 said:

His year 1 was the biggest cluster fug of a team offensively anyone has ever seen. When multiple talking heads say he wasn’t even a chance it might be wise to take their word and wait and see. Frank Reich and his staff was literally work than the Texans David Culley staff.

And yet the same talking heads are saying right now that HE MUST prove it this year or else. Why is that? More importantly why cant these people tell us how much Bryce is worth in a trade right now. Because i hear a lot of dogging of that question from anonymous execs.

5 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

He ain’t have a weight problem last season. He missed one game due to an ankle. He had problem correctly identifying coverages and a hesitancy to pull the trigger. You can say he has a height issue, but that ain’t something you can work on. 

Don’t confuse me as saying what others are saying because I have not. I clearly have said, probably in this thread, it wasn’t that important to me that he bulk up. That isn’t my worry. I got em but that isn’t a big one. 

People are justified to want to hear or see something indicating he gives a poo and is doing something to improve his chances at success in the NFL. To justify where he was drafted, to prove himself. Etc etc.

People criticizing that just want to bitch about something because it is perfectly normal to want to see something . 

And fwiw I feel pretty sure that that one game he missed was because Reich did not want to keep playing him. But that isn’t proven but there was plenty of noise about it.