• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 Game 2 Canes vs Isles 7:30pm

50 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

You don’t pull Freddie…. The guy has been the best goalie in the league lately. 

He’s also been on a strict schedule and workload target since he returned. I agree with starting him tonight but I’d give Pyotr both NY games if that’s the case. If we want the cup it’s a long road ahead, no need to overwork Freddie. 

Caveat: unless Pyotr has a stinker. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

51 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

He’s also been on a strict schedule and workload target since he returned. I agree with starting him tonight but I’d give Pyotr both NY games if that’s the case. If we want the cup it’s a long road ahead, no need to overwork Freddie. 

Caveat: unless Pyotr has a stinker. 

Pretty sure his work load was because Rod wanted to ride him in the playoffs his post-game Saturday said as much 

• Beer 1

Canes got caught below the goal line too many times last game. Too many opportunities for the Isles having a guy on the doorstep and Freddie having to make a huge save. NY wants to muck it up below the goal line and try to draw a d-man too deep or get just one more guy to bite down low and open up the crease. 

Canes try to play more offense down low and net front, it'll pull the Isles closer to the net and Carolina can get some easy entries. Otherwise, the Isles just clog up the middle like the Rags do and it works against the Canes.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Canes got caught below the goal line too many times last game. Too many opportunities for the Isles having a guy on the doorstep and Freddie having to make a huge save. NY wants to muck it up below the goal line and try to draw a d-man too deep or get just one more guy to bite down low and open up the crease. 

Canes try to play more offense down low and net front, it'll pull the Isles closer to the net and Carolina can get some easy entries. Otherwise, the Isles just clog up the middle like the Rags do and it works against the Canes.

Ya we gotta clean up our puck control behind our own net. It was bad last game. Isles are selling out to beat us at it. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

19 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

I agreed don't chase below the goal line as much, being 2 feet from the ice behind the Freddie for two periods made this pretty clear, we also have a MASSIVE SPEED advantage