• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Rags Round 2 Game 1 4pm

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

We’ll win 5 on 5 more than we’ll lose.

From here on out it comes down to going even in special teams. If we refuse to score on the PP then we can’t let them either.

I highly doubt that happens again. 

Also pulling the goalie is still considered 5-5 even strength

Anther thing a realistic fans expectation for the first two games would be to keep them close and hopefully steal one since that was my expectation I'm not disappointed....

They had one absolutely awful period it happens it's how you respond.

9 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

A one goal road loss after the absolute crap they laid in the first....

A one goal loss when they were literally 0-special teams..... that's A MAJOR OUTLIER it's highly unlikely to happen again.

The only thing I wanted when we were out of the game was for the rags to get one more PP to prove to our guys they still got it. Didn’t happen. Dude Staal is gonna beast this series. He was fire tonight. He probably had more real hits than the rest of our team combined. 

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

I highly doubt that happens again. 

Also pulling the goalie is still considered 5-5 even strength

Right, but obviously we aren’t pulling the goalie in a 2-2 game.

My point is that in equal 5 v. 5 play it was a 2-2 game with the Canes having twice as much o-zone time and the Rags scoring off of a beer league goal.

I’ll keep repeating it. Go to PK and get a net 0 from special teams or better and we’ll win the series.

Now if we continue to be -1 or -2 in special teams then the series will be over quick.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

Posted (edited)

Ok I’m breaking with tradition. Canes go on top on a loss. I think y’all can see why and if you can’t…

Kristen Bell Idk GIF by Team Coco

Also that chart for the canes is poo and not representative of the game at all.  

Edited by Harbingers

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Right but obviously we aren’t pulling the goalie in a 2-2 game.

My point is that in equal 5 v 5 play it was a 2-2 game with the Canes having twice as much o-zone time and the Rags scoring off of a beer league goal.

I’ll keep repeating it. Go to PK and get a net 0 from special teams or better and we’ll win the series.

Now if we continue to be -1 or -2 in special teams then the series will be over quick.

It was a few simple mistakes tbh. But yeah overall it was really just one bad period and one very soft goal from Freddie we dominated most of the play.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

Anther thing a realistic fans expectation for the first two games would be to keep them close and hopefully steal one since that was my expectation I'm not disappointed....

They had one absolutely awful period it happens it's how you respond.

Dude. We lost!  Freddie was bad. Our PK 0-2 was trash. Our 0-5 PP was worse. We lost the 5-5 scoring.  It’s not hard. We got our ass kicked. I hope they play better but special teams was a disaster.  Freddie was trash panda      Unless something changes, it’s another year of wasted talent. 

2 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

It was a few simple mistakes tbh. But yeah overall it was really just one bad period and one very soft goal from Freddie we dominated most of the play.

I think this has 2022 in reverse written all over it honestly. 

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

I think this has 2022 in reverse written all over it honestly. 

Agreed we'll except I think we stand a good shot at winning game 2.

My biggest take away from tonight is a positive....

We have the skill now to beat shesterkin.... 

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)
Just now, PantherChris said:

Agreed we'll except I think we stand a good shot at winning game 2.

My biggest take away from tonight is a positive....

We have the skill now to beat shesterkin.... 

That was my biggest concern as well and I was proven wrong. If I was the rags I’d be scared as fug right now. 

Edited by Harbingers