• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Every Big-Time Throw from Bryce Young and CJ Stroud in 2023

So strato has spoken.

Who else is willing to just admit they never liked the guy and nothing he does will ever convince you that he is? If he wins the friggin super bowl, it would be because of the coach and players they put around him.

• Poo 1

CJ's drop and set with his feet is very good with no wasted movement, combine that with his arm and it's awesome. Bryce scurries back there and its so messy and inconsistent. If he can fix that with our revamped interior OL and step into his throws he'll be so much better. His throws are complete ducks when he's drifting backwards at all. He's got flashes and I still believe but it's a big hill to climb. 

26 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

So strato has spoken.

Who else is willing to just admit they never liked the guy and nothing he does will ever convince you that he is? If he wins the friggin super bowl, it would be because of the coach and players they put around him.

I mean truthfully thats not out the question, its already be stated most elite Qbs dont need everything to be great around them to succeed. Let say hypothetically XL lives up to the hype, Sanders shows why he was top TE in draft, Brooks becomes one of the best RBs in the league and the O line is top 5 based off all the money spent. That could be good enough to get you to a Superbowl without needing a QB to carry the team. Plus its already been said we will be a run heavy team so they are trying to take as much pressure off bryce as possible not give him way more responsibility. That clearly didnt work out to well last year and led to another staff overhaul. As of right now, relying on Bryce could cost people their jobs so its understandable if the coaches and other players are the catalyst for any success.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I mean truthfully thats not out the question, its already be stated most elite Qbs dont need everything to be great around them to succeed. Let say hypothetically XL lives up to the hype, Sanders shows why he was top TE in draft, Brooks becomes one of the best RBs in the league and the O line is top 5 based off all the money spent. That could be good enough to get you to a Superbowl without needing a QB to carry the team. Plus its already been said we will be a run heavy team so they are trying to take as much pressure off bryce as possible not give him way more responsibility. That clearly didnt work out to well last year and led to another staff overhaul. As of right now, relying on Bryce could cost people their jobs so its understandable if the coaches and other players are the catalyst for any success.

And there you go. Just put your name in the "I just don't like Bryce Young" hat. Nothing wrong with that. You can like or dislike whoever you want. 

• Poo 1

Just now, Navy_football said:

And there you go. Just put your name in the "I just don't like Bryce Young" hat. Nothing wrong with that. You can like or dislike whoever you want. 

And you didnt listen to anything i said.... typical. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

And you didnt listen to anything i said.... typical. 

Which part did I misinterpret? 

As of right now, relying on Bryce could cost people their jobs so its understandable if the coaches and other players are the catalyst for any success.

Just now, Navy_football said:

Which part did I misinterpret? 

As of right now, relying on Bryce could cost people their jobs so its understandable if the coaches and other players are the catalyst for any success.

So do you mind explaining how any of that is not valid?

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

So do you mind explaining how any of that is not valid?

Didn't say it wasn't. Could be. I don't claim to know based on how bad the entire offense was last year. It seems pretty clear that you're convinced that any success would be in spite of Bryce. Any success would be based on the so called improvements - which most really aren't proven commodities. So back to my original point: do you just not like him? 

Guys just keep in mind it's important to separate in this discussion people who have low or not good expectations for the outcome with people who literally want him to fail. There are some people like this. But they are easy to spot. Probably someone like Ickmule would fit then bill. But these people are few in numbers. The majority of fans don't want the worst possible outcome. But you still have to be realistic about the possibilities and the percentages.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

Guys just keep in mind it's important to separate in this discussion people who have low or not good expectations for the outcome with people who literally want him to fail. There are some people like this. But they are easy to spot. Probably someone like Ickmule would fit then bill. But these people are few in numbers. The majority of fans don't want the worst possible outcome. But you still have to be realistic about the possibilities and the percentages.

Agree. My thing is a lot of posters don't give Bryce any credit. No matter what. And they wait to point out his failures- only. Never acknowledge his positives, only the negatives. That doesn't seem like a person being realistic. That seems like a biased approach. Almost like you actually do want him to fail. I don't understand that approach if you're a Panthers fan. Maybe to prove they were right during the draft? Seems weird to me.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Navy_football said:

So strato has spoken.

It is nothing to do with him personally Navy. I admire his work ethic and attitude as I understand it to be.

I just wouldn’t have put a nickel on him being worth the cost or deserving of being top selection. 

edit for last horseshit: I have given him credit for things he did well. I have eyes. They say good freaking luck with this player.

Then people like you that give me poo for my opinions have not even one time that I remember acknowledged things I pointed out from the jump. I am guessing because they must be too fan boi to even look for the flaws. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

14 minutes ago, frankw said:

That's it.  If he starts winning most fans will get behind him.  If he can't, well then we try to find someone who can.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1