• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Untold Story of Xavier Leggette

Just now, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

I could listen to him read the phone book, love that accent he's got.

He is country country but same here haha

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wasn't a fan of the pick but the guy is going to be easy to root for. Hometown kid who seems like a legitimately good guy and he's country as fug. I like him even if I didn't like the pick.

I totally get that rationale, I think Xavier was the exact type of player there were looking for in terms of mentality and personality. I think we’re betting in the long term that he’s gonna work his ass off and he has great physical traits. Obviously very different player than Kelvin Benjamin but both are very physically talented. But I bet if you gave Kelvin the work ethic and mentality of Xavier that his career would have looked a lot different.

Edited by shaq
  • Pie 4

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Mentally, it takes years to get over the death of a parent when you are young--and he lost 2 within 4 years.  Personally, I lost both of my parents in a span of 10 months--and you think you are fine, but you are devastated.  From a football perspective, Legette's time came and he made the most of it--but there are a lot of factors that could contribute to the reason he struggled--people develop at different rates and some are late bloomers.  QBs may have a favorite and if it isn't you, they might diminish your opportunities.  I think Legette has the ability to be as good as any WR in this draft, but he is probably an early second round grade at this time.  His upside (along with Mitchell from Texas) is off the charts.

That’s a very introspective response wow. Very sorry to hear about your parents, and I totally see your point of how losing both parents in such a short duration at a young age could really affect him. I think Xavier is gonna really help us with our team mentality and work ethic.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

56 minutes ago, shaq said:

I totally get that rationale, I think Xavier was the exact type of player there were looking for in terms of mentality and personality. I think we’re betting in the long term that he’s gonna work his ass off and he has great physical traits. Obviously very different player than Kelvin Benjamin but both are very physically talented. But I bet if you gave Kelvin the work ethic and mentality of Xavier that his career would have looked a lot different.

KB is still a huge "what if" for me. Word from everyone that TC he tore his ACL was that he was the best player on the field and second place wasn't even close, that included opposing fans during our joint practices. What if KB doesn't get hit by the double whammy of tearing his ACL and losing his mom? I think we definitely win SB50. I don't think KB would've been great long-term but I could definitely see him being a David Boston type where he was dominant for a brief period but not for long.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

25 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

KB is still a huge "what if" for me. Word from everyone that TC he tore his ACL was that he was the best player on the field and second place wasn't even close, that included opposing fans during our joint practices. What if KB doesn't get hit by the double whammy of tearing his ACL and losing his mom? I think we definitely win SB50. I don't think KB would've been great long-term but I could definitely see him being a David Boston type where he was dominant for a brief period but not for long.

Yeah that combo of tearing his acl and losing his mother really impacted him. I don’t blame him that’s a really tough situation, and it didn’t seem like he had a good crowd around him at the time. He was frustrated and started to blame everything around him for why his career was falling off. Blaming Cam for being inaccurate, the front office etc. Kelvin was a very talented person. Hope he is doing well.

• Pie 1

Just now, shaq said:

Yeah that combo of tearing his acl and losing his mother really impacted him. I don’t blame him that’s a really tough situation, and it didn’t seem like he had a good crowd around him at the time. He was frustrated and started to blame everything around him for why his career was falling off. Blaming Cam for being inaccurate, the front office etc. Kelvin was a very talented person. Hope he is doing well.

Cam talked about that whole situation fairly recently. It sounds like he's completely open to putting that ugliness behind them and rekindling that friendship.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Cam talked about that whole situation fairly recently. It sounds like he's completely open to putting that ugliness behind them and rekindling that friendship.

Cam was a good teammate, stood up for Kelvin after the loss of his mother. Honestly his leadership was one of his best traits, I hope they can rekindle their relationship I remember they were very close prior to everything.

• Pie 3

29 minutes ago, shaq said:

Cam was a good teammate, stood up for Kelvin after the loss of his mother. Honestly his leadership was one of his best traits, I hope they can rekindle their relationship I remember they were very close prior to everything.

Dude never said a negative word about a teammate, never even spoke I'll of KB after KB tried to blame his inconsistent play in Carolina on Cam.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

I haven't been high on any of the WRs we drafted in the past.

This kid though is someone I actually wanted. I have a feeling we finally hit big with this kid. I'm expecting him to be a DJ Moore caliber WR. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I haven't been high on any of the WRs we drafted in the past.

This kid though is someone I actually wanted. I have a feeling we finally hit big with this kid. I'm expecting him to be a DJ Moore caliber WR. 

Same here brother, love Xavier I think he’s gonna become a quick fan favorite of the team. He already has gone viral for his country accent, we have no face of the franchise currently outside of maybe Derrick Brown in terms of media attention. I would not be surprised if in the next 4 years Xavier becomes that media darling we used to have in the 2010s with Luke, Cam, Josh Norman, CMC, etc.  

• Pie 3