• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Haynesworth

ACobra289

Haynesworth is the missing piece to our winning the SB. Haynesworth up the middle and Peppers around the edge. Right now we have nobody up the middle and Peppers around the edge. If I see one more lame ass QB step up into the pocket to aviod Peppers and throw like Montana I'm gonna lose it. If we had Haynesworth then Warner would literally be killed on the first long pass play. Peppers and Haynesworth would hit him at the same time and the football would pop. Insead we have Lewis.... if he even gets near Warner once, then it will be a miracle. I'm going to keep my eye on Lewis in that Game, and if he sucks then I'm ripping him from now until he's gone.

Punching Ken Lucas is entirely different than headstomping a defenseless player with cleats on.

There are situations in which punching a man in the face is justified and deserved (I'm not saying smitty hitting lucas is one of those situations, but it happens. And who knows what Lucas said to him, could have been something very personal.)

There are no situations in life where stepping on an unaware defenseless players head with cleats on, is justified.

Both were wrong, but one by a much greater margin.

Punching Ken Lucas is entirely different than headstomping a defenseless player with cleats on.

There are situations in which punching a man in the face is justified and deserved (I'm not saying smitty hitting lucas is one of those situations, but it happens. And who knows what Lucas said to him, could have been something very personal.)

There are no situations in life where stepping on an unaware defenseless players head with cleats on, is justified.

Both were wrong, but one by a much greater margin.

I disagree completely. Both men were in defenseless positions when they were struck in the face. The fact that one was a cleat and one was a fist makes no difference. Both victims were badly injured. What Smith did to Lucas was just as bad as what Haynesworth did.

Hate to rain on peoples parades but

Not

Gonna

Happen

He wants 9 a year easy. You think you can afford to have 30 million tied up in 3 players (Smith, Peppers, Haynesworth) If you let Peppers walk then yeah it's a huge possibility but dream on about having them on the same line.

The Patriots will have 29M tied up with just TWO players, once they franchise Cassel.

The Patriots will have 29M tied up with just TWO players, once they franchise Cassel.

Exactly. The salary cap is increasing by 7 million dollars this offseason. It's not if the Panthers can afford him, it's if the Panthers want him. If they want to sign him, they'll find a way.

i dont think you all get that some of the best def players played with a mean streak that means doing a lot of illegal things on the field but it worked.if you watch tape of the great def players they did way worse things to players on the field its just apart of the game and why they were so good playing mean.

i hope the FO gets him but i dont think it will happen.we will sign some free agent we never heard of and he will do good.i want a player that can be great

Dimbee - now that the season is mostly behind us, do you still believe the Panthers should have made this trade?

I still like the trade, as Boldin wouldn't have gotten his face caved in by the Jets Safety, if he was here in Carolina. Of course, who knows what would have happened throughout the season. I love Smitty and I love his passion for the game, don't get me wrong.

Archived