• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney offered an extension

Jbro

We noted earlier this week that Panthers G.M. Marty Hurney's contract runs out in June, but it doesn't sound like he'll be going anywhere.

ESPN's Pat Yasinskas reported earlier this week that Hurney has had a new contract offer on the table since last season. The offer still stands.

Hurney's delay in signing the deal has to do with his buddy coach John Fox's status. He wanted to see what happened there. Nothing has happened, but Hurney is expected to "get around" to signing his contract soon, if he hasn't already.

Yasinskas notes that the Panthers don't announced front office contracts publicly, and last time it took months for Hurney's last extension to go public.

So whether John Fox is in Carolina in 2011 or not, it appears Hurney will stick around. At the very least, he'll be getting paid by the team.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/03/marty-hurney-has-extension-offer/

Hidden

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 3, 2010 11:35 AM ET

We noted earlier this week that Panthers G.M. Marty Hurney's contract runs out in June, but it doesn't sound like he'll be going anywhere.

ESPN's Pat Yasinskas reported earlier this week that Hurney has had a new contract offer on the table since last season. The offer still stands.

Hurney's delay in signing the deal has to do with his buddy coach John Fox's status. He wanted to see what happened there. Nothing has happened, but Hurney is expected to "get around" to signing his contract soon, if he hasn't already.

Yasinskas notes that the Panthers don't announced front office contracts publicly, and last time it took months for Hurney's last extension to go public.

So whether John Fox is in Carolina in 2011 or not, it appears Hurney will stick around. At the very least, he'll be getting paid by the team.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/03/marty-hurney-has-extension-offer/

good. legions of ungrateful panthers fans like to take collective shits on him citing peppers and delhomme as their reason, but they ignore the massive amount of good he's done this franchise with his success in drafting. i'm glad he'll be staying.

i remember how pissed I was at hurney during the season, and for some reason I'm not pissed anymore. Must be the fact that I realized all the young talent he has assembled and that we are going to move forward with that core of young players, and they are all pretty damn good.

For whatever reason, I'm still more pissed at Fox.

I am now convinced that these two chicas (fox and Hurney) must be dating or something. You mean to tell me he wont sign his deal because of his buddy Fox? I dont want to call these chicas gay but if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck.....

I am now convinced that these two chicas (fox and Hurney) must be dating or something. You mean to tell me he wont sign his deal because of his buddy Fox? I dont want to call these chicas gay but if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck.....

It's not just Fox, Hurney is waiting to see if the organization is going into full rebuilding mode.

Archived