• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Raymond Felton

rico6

If Felton wants more than 3.5 mil next year, let his sorry ass stroll.

I enjoyed his clutch-ness this season and he's the perfect teammate, but he's just to mediocre a PG to lead this team. There were too many instances tonight were Felton just gave the ball to Jack or Diaw due to his inability to set up a play.

While you can attest to Jackson and Diaw turning the ball over so many times, plenty of those instance were solely because of Felton's ineptitude as a play initiator, and his most redeeming quality was his ability to play top tier defense against almost anybody, although over the last 2 games he's been getting whipped by Jameer and it's in his head and it's obviously showing, hell he doesn't even break off of the screen to cover him anymore thus leading to Jameer getting a clear and easy drive to the lane not helping our Centers or Wings,but mixing in his defensive prowess with his offensive ineptitude just does not mix.

I like the guy and wouldn't mind him staying for the low, but he either has to step up or step off.

And D.J did in fact out play Felton tonight, hell he even outplayed Felt's defensively..

Which is just sad.

I'm sorry, but Felton is Above Average at best and it pains this offense.

This is not a knee-jerk reaction, overreaction, or Chicken little shtick I've recognized this for a while, but chose to ignore it due to our teams success and Felton's game winning shots, and what have you.

But the truth hurts.

he would be a good backup point guard, not starter material.

Unfortunately this.

It's a shame because so much is invested in him right now, but there are always other PG's for cheap that can do what Felton could not.

I had such high hopes for Ray Ray when they played that little interview snippet about what LB told him, but it seems that didn't get Ray going. If Ray comes out slacking at home, bench his ass and put D.J. in for the rest of the game. Nuff said.

What other PG is going to be available that you would like to replace felton with?? Or are you suggesting DJ be the starter?

Blake, JJ Barea, Luke Ridnour.

All the while D.J getting majority minutes. I especially like Blake.

Tough to say but DJ is better for this team. Unless Raymond really turns it around I see him in another teams uniform next year.

Side note: Imagine if the Bobcats had been two spots higher in two separate drafts:

We take Dwight Howard over Okafor

We take Chris Paul over Raymond

Then if we werent idiots we draft Brandon Roy over Morrison

Our starting lineup would look something like:

PG: Paul

SG: Roy

SF: Wallace

PF: Who the *** Cares

C: Howard

We would go from pretender to yearly contender

please stop!!! while felton is in my mind above average, he has proven that he is this teams best defender(point guard)over the course of the last two seasons and has hit clutch shots for us. what felton needs to do is become more agressive at the offensive end of the floor but i also agree that if he wants mega dollars in fa then let him walk and try to find someone else

tough to say but dj is better for this team. Unless raymond really turns it around i see him in another teams uniform next year.

Side note: Imagine if the bobcats had been two spots higher in two separate drafts:

We take dwight howard over okafor

we take chris paul over raymond

then if we werent idiots we draft brandon roy over morrison

our starting lineup would look something like:

Pg: Paul

sg: Roy

sf: Wallace

pf: Who the *** cares

c: Howard

we would go from pretender to yearly contender

pf: Lol

Felton is an above average point guard, you can argue with me all you want but you can not argue with his stats.

This is all based on stats so don't start giving me sh*t this is the stats talking.

Felton's Ranks among Point Guards

Points- 18th

Rebounds- 9th

Field Goal %- 14th

Free Throw %- 25th

Three Point %- 18th

Assits- 16th

Steals- 5th

Blocks- 8th

Turnovers- 19th

Double-Double's- 16th

If you average these numbers out he is a top 15 Point Guard which is pretty damn good, so hop off his nuts.

So we're gonna hang these last two playoff games around Felton's neck? LOL

Felton got abused by Nelson in the first half of game 1, I'll give you that... but we can't blame this whole debacle on him. How bout all the turnovers committed by Jackson and Diaw?

These last two losses have been a team effort. Felton has contributed, but let's not treat him like the town witch... there's plenty of blame to go around.

Felton is an above average point guard, you can argue with me all you want but you can not argue with his stats.

This is all based on stats so don't start giving me sh*t this is the stats talking.

Felton's Ranks among Point Guards

Points- 18th

Rebounds- 9th

Field Goal %- 14th

Free Throw %- 25th

Three Point %- 18th

Assits- 16th

Steals- 5th

Blocks- 8th

Turnovers- 19th

Double-Double's- 16th

If you average these numbers out he is a top 15 Point Guard which is pretty damn good, so hop off his nuts.

Your stats don't include a category for boneheaded plays....

Archived