• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers contacted QB Campbell

Vagrant

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=5132638

Campbell had already signed the Redskins' tender offer worth $3.1 million for 2010. Campbell said he and his agent, Joel Segal, had received interest from the Carolina Panthers on Friday until they selected Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen with the No. 48 overall pick.

For those that are angry that the Clausen pick "under cut", the status of Matt Moore, then consider the 0.0% chance he would have had to start had he been in an open competition with Jason Campbell.

I know there was a bogus thread earlier regarding our supposed "interest" in Campbell, but to my knowledge this is the first confirmation of it having been considered by the Panthers management.

Wow with as little confidence as they seem to have in Moore now I'm surprised they didn't keep any of their veteran quaterbacks and looked toward the draft to fill the need. Seems like Clausen may have a better shot at the job this year than I thought and that's not necessarily a good thing.

I'm happy for Campbell though too. Raiders actually had a good draft and I think Murphy, Schillens, Higgins, etc. are a year older and better... Could be a great move for him once he gets settled in their system.

Would've liked to get him, but it wasn't worth a 4th rounder ANY year, considering everyone knew he wasn't wanted in Washington.

The Clausen pick could give our franchise momentum heading into some big things (or could blow)...

They are handling the QB position like that have other positions in the past.

Take 2-4 options and let the best one win the spot.

:iagree:

And frankly I think it is going to work like it has in the past. We are going to take the offense and move it from around 20th to closer to top 10.

Campbell is garbage and I'm glad we didn't get him. Washington was never a competitive team with him under center. I am also tired of people making excuses for him about how he wasn't good since he played under so many different coordinators. He will suck with the Raiders next year, just like the rest of the team does ever since they got raped in the super bowl by Tampa.

The fact that they were considering trading for Campbell says to me that they aren't 100% sold on Moore as the starter. Now that they've drafted Clausen and Pike they're content with Moore being their "veteran". If Clausen or Pike doesn't beat Moore out in the preseason they're going to be starting a guy they weren't confident in. Best case scenario would be that they were perfectly happy with Moore starting and if one of the rookies beats him out then all the better.

Archived