• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did we know we were going to trade Chrs Harris?

Brokenbad

if he was the most overrated person how come he was the last pick in the 6th round.....he is wayy underrated, just bc u want to have a career after the NFL doens't make u uncommitted to playing football

No, simpleton. He was not overrated by team scouts. Duh, he was a sixth rounder. But he is wayyyy overrated by fans. People only mention him because they have heard of him. No one ever mentions the safetys that were drafted in every other round.

I found this about Rolle this little bit about Rolle

Seminoles defensive coordinator Mickey Andrews remarked that Rolle played the best and most complete game he has ever seen a safety play at Florida State University in his 25 years of coaching. Rolle had 4 tackles (2 touchdown saving tackles), 1 tackle for loss, 4 pass breakups, 1 sack, 2 quarterback hurries and 3 critical 3rd down stops.[citation needed]

ESPN's recruiting services ranked Rolle as the number one high school prospect in the country.[4] Rivals.com rated him the 12th-best player and the top athlete overall, as well as the best player from New Jersey in the 2006 recruiting class.[5]

* First-team Freshman All-American (2006)

* Sporting News ACC Defensive ROY (2006)

* Watkins Award (2006)

* Arthur Ashe Sports Scholar, First Team (2007)

* Rhodes Scholar (2008)

* FWAA 2nd team All-ACC (2008)

* Associated Press 3rd team All-America (2008)

* CoSIDA Academic All-America (2008)

The kid was highly decorated from high school throughout college, I wonder why he went in the sixth round. Even with character issues someone with those achievements should be drafted high.

Also found out that pretty much he was 1st round talent until he was named a finalist for one of the 32 Rhodes Scholarships he took it and skiped his senior season at FSU thus he hasnt played football in a year and I guess with a bad combine scouts see that he is out of shape? The kid is smart though.

Taylor mays was picked in the second round the 38th pick to be exact so we couldn't of had him unless we traded for him. Mays last year was a 1st round lock but because of his production droped when star linebackers left his draft stock also dropped. Myron Rolle was probably ignored by us because of this reason

http://thefreshxpress.com/2010/05/the-problem-with-myron-rolle/

don't forget we have Godfrey and Martin who both have experience on the field. We drafted Jordan Pugh who some scouts say is a sleeper and Matt O'Hanlon was a beast for nebraska last year

WRONG! He was the 49th, right after Clausen. Get your facts straight numnuts.

That's right, Taylor Mays was drafted right after the panthers pick in the 2nd. I remember that one because we could have drafted him, but passed for Clauson, which I think was a no brainer at the time.

First of all, the word you were looking for is numbnuts....if you are going to insult someone, please try not to sound like an idiot doing it.

Now for Mays....there is NO WAY that we should have taken a Safety over Clausen, a Top WR, or even a DT/DE. So, let's just throw that one out the window.

As for Rolle....he was a decent player. However, everyone was all over his jock because they saw the interview about him and his academic achievements. There is A TON of question as to whether he seriously wants to have a football career. That kept a lot of teams away from him.

Would he have been a good pick-up for us in the 6th? Sure.

But, our FO saw more athletecism in the other DB's that we took than he showed. Given our history with late round flyers....Mack and Captain....I will defer to our scouting staffs ability to assess talent over yours.

I liked harris his abilities to force turnovers was impressive but he's battled through a few injuries and he wasnt anything more than a solid starter. I hope they play Sherrod Marin there... the few games he's played in he's been dominate and I think with time he would be a top safety in the NFL.

I liked harris his abilities to force turnovers was impressive but he's battled through a few injuries and he wasnt anything more than a solid starter. I hope they play Sherrod Marin there... the few games he's played in he's been dominate and I think with time he would be a top safety in the NFL.

Martin has shown flashes in the little bit of playing time that he had and his coverage was well above average, but he seems a little to small to stick at the safety spot, if we loose marshall I'm pretty sure we might put martin at the 2nd cb leave capt. as the nickel, have godfrey play fs and pugh ss (vice versa on the last 2)

yeah, rolle was one of those guys that i wanted us to pick up but oh well.

i'm not too worried. we'll have better coverage and more speed down there.

godfrey can hit if he wants to. that hit on welker was pretty impressive. i'd like to see him do some more of that.

">

If we did, why in the f**k didnt we draft Taylor Mays or Myron Rolle over all of the no name db's?

This was the thing that mad eme so mad about the trade. If we knew this was even a possiblity then why would we draft Tony Pike over Myron Rolle in the 6th round. Rolle was already a steal there. And if we knew we were gonna dump a starter at Saftey why would we not take him? This whole last few weeks makes no sense to me...

Archived