• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

10 wins or bust?

Ohio

Last season, we had the 2nd hardest schedule in the NFL, and finished 8-8. That was with Jake throwing all those picks, and Matt Moore getting some real experience. Now we play the weak NFC West, the Giants (whom we crushed, the Bears, along with the Browns from the AFC North.

Granted, we are going with a youth movement, which will hinder things, but all in all, we realistically should win 10 games. If not, in my mind, it will be a failure. And if we dont, how long does Marty get to keep his job. The youth movement isn't one that usually brings instant success, so how much longer will he have if 10 games isn't obtained?

No doubt.

We do not have Jake and even though we are very dependant on the youth I do not see how our WR could be any worse??!!

I dont think we are going to be nearly as bad as people think.

All of us here know what we had last year, and a side from Peppers are team has only improved since last year. I still would feel better with T.O. for a season.

I know most here dont want him, but I just want us to win. A one year contract we can live with.

Let's face it, there are folks who will be calling for Fox's head even if he grabs 14 wins this season.

Me, I'll be really pleasantly surprised with 10 wins, hope it happens. But we still have some concerns, major ones, on the defense.

And it does no good to look at the how our opponents did last year and trying to base their performance this year on it. Change is just too strong of a force in the NFL for that.

Im trying to look at it like this.

Winning or loosing, its still going to be a very interesting year. We get to play again Jake delhomme and peppers. Im really excited about that.

As far is winnning 10 games. I think it all depends on how long it takes for this brand new team to gel. I say at least 3 games before they even look decent

We are due to be good this year. In the Fox 'era', we have always followed an underachieving season with a good one (of course, in 2002, 7-9 was a HUGE improvement over the previous 1-15!). We play a weak schedule this year. I think 10 wins is well within both our grasp and expectations.

I believe Moore is the real deal. I'm not saying he's Hall Of fame material, but he is a great fit for this team, he knows the system, he's young, and mechanically he's better than Jake ever was. If he distributes the ball around and looks his receivers off properly, there's no limit to what might happen! We have to get to "that place" where our offense produces even if the running game has been contained, or if we fall behind where running isn't the option. If we get there, look out, and for some years to come at that!

Im pretty hopeful with Moore starting. He threw 8tds to only 1int in the last 5 games, all the while playing against 3 playoff teams and only 1 team with a losing record. He looked confident in his decision making, which Jake seemed to lose last year.

Who is behind the youth movement. Is it Richardson or Hurney? I havent been a big fan on Martys, which is why I am wondering.

6-10

Not a chance we go 6-10.. Lloyd Christmas isn't taking snaps for us this year and we salvaged an 8-8 record last year through some very tough times. Schedule isn't nearly as tough this year as it was last year.

WIth that being said we go undefeated... :)

Archived