• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

POLL: Who Will Be 2nd WR

Lilsmitty09

2nd WR?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. 2nd WR?

• Lafell
    • Jarrett
    • Moore
    • Edwards

Still, the fact that we invested three draft picks, two of which were pretty high, into receivers indicates that we are trying to replace Jarrett. We wouldn't select three receivers if we were comfortable with Jarrett as the #2. If Lafell shows promise in camp, he'll bump Jarrett. If not in Week 1, probably by Week 4.

Drafting WRs just means competition. It does not mean they plan on kicking Jarrett out. Most inexperience WRs take a couple of years to develop enough to make an impact on the football field anyway.

Yes, Jarrett isn't known to be the #2 guy just yet..but, it's open to him...starting this training camp and preseason.

Still, the fact that we invested three draft picks, two of which were pretty high, into receivers indicates that we are trying to replace Jarrett. We wouldn't select three receivers if we were comfortable with Jarrett as the #2. If Lafell shows promise in camp, he'll bump Jarrett. If not in Week 1, probably by Week 4.

I think the staff still has big questions about Jarrett. However, I don't think that is the only reason we spent 3 picks on WR's in the draft.

We MUST develop a passing game to compliment Double Trouble. Having one great WR and one good WR (what we have had the past few seasons) is not enough. We need more depth at the position....and depth that can deliver.

I think we will see more 3 and 4 WR sets this season to open up the offense a little more.

Should be fun to watch.

If Jarrett can play like he did in the last game of the season last year against stronger teams 1st defense, he probably will be given a chance to start. However going off the last game of the season could be moot because New Orleans didn't need the game plus they had their 2nd team in.

It evident that Jarrett can play against a second team, but how well can he hold up against a 1st? Can't wait til pre-season, so I can see some action.

Smith has said he doesn't feel as if he has what it takes to be the number one receiver anymore.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/29/smith-i-dont-want-to-be-a-number-one-anymore/

So, I think Smith ought to be our number 2, and we need to groom a number 1!

I hope you're joking. That quote by Smith has been addressed by Smith himself in an interview or two. Also, stop linking to that shitty site please.

It better be Jarrett because I bought his jersey, and don't give me crap it was 20 bucks on ebay.

If it was only 20 bucks why would it matter? Admit it, you want to see Jarrett succeed (why wouldn't any Panthers fan?)! :P

Archived