• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Suprisingly, Connor not being asked to compete for starting SLB spot

scpanther22

they dropped anderson into coverage 230 times compared to connor's 22.

anderson rushed the passer 47 times vs. connor's 2.

granted, these numbers need to be weighted but even so...

I noticed that too, but then you look at Diggs and you see a similar ratio to Connor's, so it could be a function of the position.

As far as rushing the passer, Anderson is faster than everyone but Davis. That may be a reason they like him so much.

I noticed that too, but then you look at Diggs and you see a similar ratio to Connor's, so it could be a function of the position.

As far as rushing the passer, Anderson is faster than everyone but Davis. That may be a reason they like him so much.

Anderson played well at the WLB position last year, but had previously been a candidate to get cut because he sucked so bad. He doesn't have the bulk to play SLB like Diggs did.

p49 offers some of the best insight on this board.

but this isnt the 2005-2008 turd version of anderson, thee 2009 turned on his brain and got some balls. i was his biggest hater, calling for his head mid-2007 til last last year. floored that he had made the team(same for hayden). one of the biggest issues i had with anderson, was he was a big softy. always had a injury, always rehabbing, always in the training room, always getting treatment, thus he played scared......cause he didnt want another booboo.

nfl is played with pain. everyone (-kickers/punters) plays hurt. anderson FINALLY got it and he played great in 09. for some it takes a while for the switch to come on(jarrent?). on some plays he was the best LB on the field and caused havoc, thats just the truth coming form a armchair who gave up on the guy long ago. i still hold out in fully trusting him with he job(i feel williams will push hard for the job), but he proved something last year. now we see if its a flash or does he have staying power?

i think we're gonna be running alot more zone blitzes this year. We are going to be coming from the Davis' side frequently. We need somebody on the opposite side who can cover. That's ultimately why I think we'll go with Anderson over connor.

p49 offers some of the best insight on this board.

but this isnt the 2005-2008 turd version of anderson, thee 2009 turned on his brain and got some balls. i was his biggest hater, calling for his head mid-2007 til last last year. floored that he had made the team(same for hayden). one of the biggest issues i had with anderson, was he was a big softy. always had a injury, always rehabbing, always in the training room, always getting treatment, thus he played scared......cause he didnt want another booboo.

nfl is played with pain. everyone (-kickers/punters) plays hurt. anderson FINALLY got it and he played great in 09. for some it takes a while for the switch to come on(jarrent?). on some plays he was the best LB on the field and caused havoc, thats just the truth coming form a armchair who gave up on the guy long ago. i still hold out in fully trusting him with he job(i feel williams will push hard for the job), but he proved something last year. now we see if its a flash or does he have staying power?

While I don't think Anderson should be the starting SLB, I do find plenty of merit in this post.

I would point out that he proved something at the WLB last year. The WLB in Meeks' defense is allowed free range to roam much like the MLB. However, the SLB has to do the dirty work and take on blockers in the running game. Nothing out of Anderson makes me think he can do this.

i never heard anything about that from anything resembling a reputable source. And I ask again... for what? a fourth rounder? lets draft a backup LB!

The Carolina Panthers have fielded several trade inquiries about linebacker Dan Connor this offseason, according to league sources. But the sources say the Panthers have made it clear to other teams that they’re not letting Connor go.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/9116/carolina-panthers-turn-down-dan-connor-trade-trade-talk

Archived