• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stephen Strasburg

Johnny Rockets

Does he live up to the hype?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Does he live up to the hype?

• Yes
    • Has a good career but not what it was hyped up to be.
    • No, he is the next Mark Prior
    • I hate baseball because I have the IQ of a rock. Go Panthers!

My grandma could get a no decision against the Pirates.

Granted she gets around well for 80 years old but still

The Pirates(before this game) were the team with the fewest team strike-outs in the NL. just sayin'..

Pirates or not, what he did was impressive.

The ESPN broadcast was blacked out for me so I had to watch it on MASN2. Sucks because it was not in HD but just listening to Rob Dibble call the game was quite entertaining. After the game he said that he has pitched in a World Series before but even that didn't match the energy in that stadium before and during the game. Good for baseball, and good for the Nats.

He made the pirates look pretty silly swinging at some of those pitches. I hope the kid does well (as long as its not against the braves).

That said the Strasburg bandwagon is giving the Red Sox bandwagon a run for its money. I was at a bar in arlington watching the game last night. Bar was packed, people cheering and clapping every strike he threw. Then when they pinch hit for him in the bottom of the 7th the place cleared out. I mean it was a 2-run game in the 7th and literally 75% of the people there left as soon as they took him out of the game. I'm going to predict right now that significantly more than 50% of attendance at Nationals games this year come from nights when he pitches.

He made the pirates look pretty silly swinging at some of those pitches. I hope the kid does well (as long as its not against the braves).

That said the Strasburg bandwagon is giving the Red Sox bandwagon a run for its money. I was at a bar in arlington watching the game last night. Bar was packed, people cheering and clapping every strike he threw. Then when they pinch hit for him in the bottom of the 7th the place cleared out. I mean it was a 2-run game in the 7th and literally 75% of the people there left as soon as they took him out of the game. I'm going to predict right now that significantly more than 50% of attendance at Nationals games this year come from nights when he pitches.

Meh, I think that is more of fans of baseball than a Strasburg bandwagon. As a fan of baseball, I was cheering him also....it was awesome. Something tells me that a year or 2 from now though, I will be hating him with a passion.

Archived