• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Official Huddle Beer Thread

CharlotteBeer.com

I still need to hit the Arbo up and try that beer place you told me about that has the Duck Rabbit on tap.

Definitely. They're the ones who had the Great Lakes tasting recently which featured the Lake Erie Monster DIPA, which is pretty rare outside of Ohio. If anyone can get their Christmas Ale when it comes out, I bet it's them.

Also, they have Duck Rabbit Rabid Duck on tap right now. It's probably my favorite Duck Rabbit beer.

This has made its way South from Michigan

Oberon is good stuff, but then again just about everything Bell's makes is good stuff. I've got some Two Hearted Ale that is calling my name tonight.

So I was all set to enjoy a Bell's Two Hearted Ale tonight, until I visited the local Harris-Teeter (near Sun Valley High) after work to find a couple carts full of discounted six-packs.

Much of it was that Jack Daniel's cola crap, and some "Twisted Tea," but there was some decent beer to be had. They had 12-packs of Hoegaarden, 4-packs of Sam Adams Imperial White, Estrella, some German stuff (Konig Ludwig?), a Mendocino IPA, and a beer I've been meaning to try, Victory's Prima Pils.

I picked up a six-pack for $8.49. This isn't a screaming deal, but it's better than the going rate of $10-11 most stores charge for it. Then again, the beer was past it's "best by" date, but it tasted great to me. One of the better pilseners I've had. I think the hop profile might have diminished a bit, but it was still a very good beer and certainly welcome in this heat.

Tonight I enjoyed the latest seasonal from Founders Brewing, which is one of the best craft breweries out there. If you haven't had any of their beers, don't hesitate to pick up any that you see; I've never been disappointed.

Nor was I disappointed tonight, when I had their Devil Dancer, a triple IPA that is 12% ABV and boasts 112 IBUs (International Bitterness Units). This was definitely one of the most intense beers I've had recently.

A friend let me try some of last years Ballast Point Sea Monster (got interested after I saw it in a beer mag), a stout I would highly recomend. Black as Satan's asshole, with plenty of coffee and chocolate notes with a hint of burnt caramel to finish. Nice frothy tan head to go with it. It's a winter seasonal though, so you won't be able to find it in stores at the moment.

I also now have a strong desire to try Sink the Bismark!, a 41% ABV from scotland thanks to the same issue.

ChucktownK just posted that a few more beers will be available at Bank of America this season.

Two beers from Charlotte-based The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery will also be available along with Maelstrom — the first two breweries from the Carolinas to have their beers served at the stadium.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/39217-spartanburg-brewery-making-beer-to-be-sold-at-panthers-games.html

Archived