• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some dude ripping Vick a new one for fun

Its not college coaches fault the Panthers wont draft or develop a black QB. You dont see Tampa, ATL, or New Orleans blaming college coaches for their hangs up about race. Panthers dont want the black man in their QB stable, not even as a backup. All white is alright in Carolina. The situation wont improve as long as you have franchises like ours that dont believe in a blackman's brainpower or ability to lead on the offensive side of the ball. Black kids gotta be "Warren Moon" (a HOFer), white kids gotta be "Chris Weinke", "Stefan Lefors", "Jeff Lewis" to be a QB here. Some people need more help and a curve than others to succeed I guess. LOL.

I guess you feel the same way about the way the Panthers draft wide receivers then. In 2004, the Panthers were so hung up on the fact that we had to have black wide receivers that they drafted Keary Colbert AND Drew Carter while Wes Welker went undrafted and went on to become an All-Pro. We have never drafted a single white wide receiver. But if your name is Keary Colbert, Dwayne Jarrett, Ryne Robinson, or Rae effing Carruth you can play wide receiver for the Panthers.

I guess you feel the same way about the way the Panthers draft wide receivers then. In 2004, the Panthers were so hung up on the fact that we had to have black wide receivers that they drafted Keary Colbert AND Drew Carter while Wes Welker went undrafted and went on to become an All-Pro. We have never drafted a single white wide receiver. But if your name is Keary Colbert, Dwayne Jarrett, Ryne Robinson, or Rae effing Carruth you can play wide receiver for the Panthers.

How many white DB's have we drafted? None that I can think of.

THATS WACISSS

now, if jamie dukes dumps vick, then we'll really know it's over :eek:

Not a big whitlock fan, but i can see both good and bad in this. He clearly doesn't get the whole timeline thing, that's for sure. It is important, and it should be. And the notion that roger goodell should use vick to punish the eagles because they dumped mcnabb is silly.

Agree with this, though...

And with this...

The naacp criticized mcnabb for trying to become a dropback passer? Seriously? That's one of the stupidest things i've ever heard. Mcnabb was doing the right thing, and so is any other qb who concentrates on honing his passing skills over his running. Being a great passer is a thousand times more important in the pros than being a good runner, especially today.

But like i said in the other thread, college coaches are ruining black quarterbacks by teaching them to be run-first or one-read-and-run guys. If more coaches spent their time trying to produce the next warren moon rather than the next michael vick, the situation for black quarterbacks would improve by leaps and bounds.

qft.

Its not college coaches fault the Panthers wont draft or develop a black QB. You dont see Tampa, ATL, or New Orleans blaming college coaches for their hangs up about race. Panthers dont want the black man in their QB stable, not even as a backup. All white is alright in Carolina. The situation wont improve as long as you have franchises like ours that dont believe in a blackman's brainpower or ability to lead on the offensive side of the ball. Black kids gotta be "Warren Moon" (a HOFer), white kids gotta be "Chris Weinke", "Stefan Lefors", "Jeff Lewis" to be a QB here. Some people need more help and a curve than others to succeed I guess. LOL.

Are people getting dumber or just louder?

But that's different, because a WR can't be the face of a franchise, or sell the most jerseys.....oh wait.

I would have loved to have heard KT during the OJ Simpson trial. He would have been like that loudmouth that was on the Geraldo show every other night, Leo Somethingorother.

lol, hell yeah.. that would have been entertainment...

To call yourself a fan of a team you're so sour grapes about because it won't put a black QB at the top of the depth chart is ridiculous. I'm not going to try to start an argument because it won't solve anything, but I know regardless of whether KT does or not, if Larry Bird owned the Charlotte Bobcats he wouldn't give a damn about them.

Put the race card back in the deck KT. Once and for all. No one in the NFL can AFFORD to keep a player back because of his skin color. Have you ever noticed about 60-75% of the league is black? Do you think I care? No, I don't care at all, what race they are. It's 2010, not 1934. Our president is black. Do I care about that? No. As long as the economy stablizes and we stave off attacks from foreign countries and policies made aren't dumb, I don't care what color he is.

Either support the team, or don't.

burn.

But we have had more in our history than we have had black QBs. So the Panthers can find white wideouts and make them "fan faves" but apparently there are no good black QBs out there. Patrick Jeffers (who we gave a HUGE ass contract to), Don Beebe in our first year (made sure we had 1 in year 1), and Ricky Proehl are 3 white wideouts we've had on roster and contributed to our team. We may have had more. Jeffers was a pro bowler 1 year, and Proehl was "Mr.3rd down" for us in our Super Bowl year. You guys name practice squaders, I name guys who started, who were given huge contracts, and who were celebrated amongst our fanbase as "underdogs".

jason does the best uncle tom troll.

white people love it

He tells them what they want to hear until he writes his next race baiting column calling out white folks. Then they'll call him a racist like they always do. But as long as he's tearing down another black man, pats on the back all day baby!!!

Archived