• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Family vacation to SC

Epistaxis

Meh, it's something to try.

It has a nice view, I'll give it that. I've only been twice. It seems there's always a long wait. The first time I went, the food was mediocre but okay (I had the nachoes).

The second time, however, I ordered a burger. It came to me bright red in the middle. I like my steaks red as hell, but not ground beef. Finally got them to take it back and cook it some more, but when they brought it back it looked the same. And trust me when I say I'm not picky about a red burger, but this was ridiculous.

Still, you're right that it has a nice view, and it might be cool for a family.

It has a nice view, I'll give it that. I've only been twice. It seems there's always a long wait. The first time I went, the food was mediocre but okay (I had the nachoes).

The second time, however, I ordered a burger. It came to me bright red in the middle. I like my steaks red as hell, but not ground beef. Finally got them to take it back and cook it some more, but when they brought it back it looked the same. And trust me when I say I'm not picky about a red burger, but this was ridiculous.

Still, you're right that it has a nice view, and it might be cool for a family.

See, there's your problem. You ordered the food. I always get a salad and have about 10 single malts.

See, there's your problem. You ordered the food. I always get a salad and have about 10 single malts.

Ha! I'm guessing my experience would have been drastically different if I did that.

Epistaxis, if you're into good beer, look for COAST Brewing Co.'s offerings while you're down there. They just released Boy King Double IPA -- it's supposed to be one hell of a beer.

Hilton Head is awesome. Great family place.

:smilielol5:Every time I hear those 2 words, (Hilton Head) it makes me laugh!

Several years ago, a Sniper working for the US Government wrote an article that ran in SOF (Soldier of Fortune) magazine. He was stationed in Israel and his job was to work with the Israeli Police and provide cover for dignitaries visiting there from the US. (From what I understand from the article, was like all the time.)

Anyway, it seems this terrorist bomber was going to blow himself up along with many Israeli people. (He was promised to sit at his maker's side and collect his 100 virgins, for his effort. Yada, yada, yada.) He was wearing a vest of explosives and when he stepped off the curb to board a bus, (BOOM!) it accidentally exploded! :eek: The explosion decapitated him and blew his head through a room window at the Tel Aviv Hilton Hotel. To which it has been forever know as...........wait for it.............The Hilton Head Hotel! :D

Sorry, I wanted to explain why those 2 words made me laugh.

Now, back to your vacation.

You should see the Angel Oak on John's Island too. A nice place to stop for lunch on the way out there is the Mustard Seed on Maybank Hwy. Great crab cakes.
Get there, look at the tree, and get back over the river ASAP. John's Island is Charleston's version of Deliverance. We were over there a few months ago thinking about doing the wedding at the tree. Forgot how in the middle of nowhere all that is.

I'll be in Charleston next week as well. Bring your kids over and we'll get piss drunk and talk about the awesomeness of Big Ten and atheism.

Ha!

Actually sounds like fun.

Just last night, my daughter says "Christians pray before they eat usually, did you know that?"

To which the wife and I say "Yup" and proceed to start snarfing food.

Raisn' em right I tells ya.

I think the source was our babysitter. Greatest lady ever. She is a preacher's wife, so I think the kids get a healthy dose of Kumbaya and Jeebuz along with our heathenism.

Archived