• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats close to trading Diaw, Chandler, aquiring Calderon

CatMan72

You can't point the blame on MJ because a four-team deal fell apart in reguards to the Beasley trade. And I really feel that MJ is right in holding out Tyson Chandler, even if this deal is dead. Chandler would have essentially been a throw-in to this deal, and his expiring contract has much more value than that. With possibly the best available center, Al Jefferson, going to the Jazz, Chandler may now be the top option for teams looking for a big man. Chandler's value to us, and to everyone else has gone up.

At least we know that MJ and company are actively trying to make the team better. While his drafting hasn't been that great, a lot of the recent trades have been spot-on. I trust what MJ and Larry Brown are doing.

I give you the Beasley trade, but why were they so far into this Chandler trade if it was a bad trade for the bobcats to begin with? Chandler was convinced he was traded and most reported this trade as being done and only needing league approval.

Indecisiveness... MJ and company wasted Toronto and Phoenix's time while creating a bad impression of the Bobcats organization to all the players involved. That's how this whole thing appears to me. All signs point to a last second moments of the bobcats second guessing themselves which is a sign of weakness and suggests someone didn't realize what they were giving up to begin with.

I give you the Beasley trade, but why were they so far into this Chandler trade if it was a bad trade for the bobcats to begin with? Chandler was convinced he was traded and most reported this trade as being done and only needing league approval.

Indecisiveness... MJ and company wasted Toronto and Phoenix's time while creating a bad impression of the Bobcats organization to all the players involved. That's how this whole thing appears to me. All signs point to a last second moments of the bobcats second guessing themselves which is a sign of weakness and suggests someone didn't realize what they were giving up to begin with.

How many times have "SOURCES" by ESPN, Yahoo, or other outlets been wrong? How many times have we read about a trade that never happened. Unfortunately we do not know what exactly happened or why the trade hasn't gone through yet but I don't think we should paint the Bobcats organization and MJ has indecisive and wasting another teams time. The only thing we can do is wait and see.

Now my opinion is simple I like the fact that they are trying to free up some money. Getting Diaw off the roster would have been great. Everyone talks about a 12m expiring Chandler that is so attractive to have. Well sorry IMO the 2011 free agent class is nothing like the 2010 class so his expiring is not that important. Maybe the when Diops contract is up that might be in a year worth something so we will see.

They were negotiating. Deals fall apart at the 11th hour all the time in the NBA. We also don't have any idea what the various trade structures were being discussed, especially when you look at all the different versions the Toronto media reported. The lastest deal that was reported was decidedly in Toronto's favor, so it only makes sense that we were trying to negotiate for something more, and killed the deal when Toronto refused.

The real problem here is that the Raptors were far too loose lipped about a deal that had not been finalized. You should NEVER put anything about making a trade on your team page until that trade has been agreed upon in all parts, and the league office has approved it, and the media should confirm the facts before running with a story, neither of which happened up in the Great White North. That's what got the fans all worked up.

Just Some More Info (By the way don't be suprised if this trade gets done later in the month or something like that)

It appears that the Toronto Raptors are not going to jettison their two most-burdensome contracts in one deft move. While Hedo Turkoglu is still likely heading to Phoenix, a related deal that would have sent point guard Jose Calderon and forward Reggie Evans to Charlotte for forward Boris Diaw and centre Tyson Chandler appears dead due to hesitation from the Bobcats’ end. One source with knowledge of the trade said the deal was likely dead, but did not give up hope that it could be revived later on Tuesday.

Source: National Post

The part of a complex Raptors deal that would have sent Jose Calderon and Reggie Evans to Charlotte is dead, killed by Bobcats owner Michael Jordan according to league sources. The teams had signed off on the transaction that would have shipped Boris Diaw and Tyson Chandler to Toronto early Monday afternoon – with Chandler being told he was to become a Raptor – before it died later in the day.

Source: Toronto Star

A proposed trade that would have brought Toronto Raptors point guard Jose Calderon to the Charlotte Bobcats is on hold and might be dead, according to a source connected to one of the three teams involved. The Bobcats have expressed reservations about going through with the deal that also involves the Phoenix Suns. That is despite them informing players of the possibility they would be traded. Bobcats center Tyson Chandler had already expressed to Yahoo! Sports that in his mind he was already a Raptor.

Source: Charlotte Observer

Archived