• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steinbrenner dead

g5jamz

For the Yankees, maybe. Much as I hate to say it, baseball is better without him.

Maybe without his continual insistence on large market teams (primarily his) having an unfair advantage, MLB can move forward and become something closer to what the NFL is.

All the sympathy in the world to his family, but let's be honest. Steinbrenner was the Jerry Jones of baseball.

For the Yankees, maybe. Much as I hate to say it, baseball is better without him.

Maybe without his continual insistence on large market teams (primarily his) having an unfair advantage, MLB can move forward and become something closer to what the NFL is.

All the sympathy in the world to his family, but let's be honest. Steinbrenner was the Jerry Jones of baseball.

I once hosted a sports talk show in Lakeland FL on Saturday mornings. One week we had a Rays executive on and I made a comment similar to this about Steinbrenner. The guy got this "oh crap" look on his face and immediately went into Steinbrenner defense mode. The Boss was like mafia in Tampa. He did a lot for charities and the people there were afraid to criticize him.

Archived