• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carl Edwards docked 60 points and fined for wrecking Brad Keselowski

NASCAR has penalized the No. 60 team of Carl Edwards and driver Brad Keselowski for rules violations committed in Saturday's Nationwide Series race at Gateway International Raceway.

Edwards intentionally wrecked Keselowski while heading for the checkered flag on the straightaway coming off the final turn.

Edwards was docked 60 driver points, fined $25,000 and put on NASCAR probation for the remainder of the year. Keselowski was placed on probation through the end of the year.

The incident triggered a multi-car wreck that allowed Edwards to win and left point leader Keselowski 14th. Afterward, Edwards said it was justice for Keselowski getting him loose to take the lead in Turn 1 to start the final lap.

"The incident at the end of Saturday night's race at Gateway was unfortunate not just for Penske Racing and the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge team, but for all of the teams that were caught up in the aftermath," Keselowski said in a statement Wednesday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/nationwide/news/story?id=5398981&campaign=rss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_5398981

I really like Carl, Brad is ok, kinda wish it had been cry baby Kyle Busch instead...

Nascar needs to make up their minds whether they will let the drivers as they call it "police themselves". They were racing hard for a race win. Yeah it sucks some other cars got taken out but wrecks happen every week. I can think of a lot of races where guys were bumped or turned on the last lap going for a win. It happens. Intentional or not. I think maybe probation for both of them but points and money is too much. This is what Nascar asked for and now they punish them for doing it. I'm not a Carl or Brad fan but loved the end of that race.

Nascar needs to make up their minds whether they will let the drivers as they call it "police themselves". They were racing hard for a race win. Yeah it sucks some other cars got taken out but wrecks happen every week. I can think of a lot of races where guys were bumped or turned on the last lap going for a win. It happens. Intentional or not. I think maybe probation for both of them but points and money is too much. This is what Nascar asked for and now they punish them for doing it. I'm not a Carl or Brad fan but loved the end of that race.

I think the penalty was pretty good, the 60 points basically took his win away which he took because he couldn't pass brad without kicking him out.. Brad who did get into Edwards was just racing hard he didn't intentally wreck him which is what Edwards did twice! And there's a difference between racing hard and wrecking... Then you have what Edwards did in which you can see his hand cut the car hard to the left to take out brad...

I enjoyed it, but B-rad from the BooHoo brings it on himself majority of the time. He just plain gets too aggressive with basic moves like the "bump-n-run" for him its the "slam-n-jam"

Besides thank gawd they are wrecking each other this year, finally something worth seeing!!

Archived