• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I will be reporting again tommorow from camp

tattoorhino

Progression of Clausen- he looks better today than Monday, but that's not saying a whole lot. I don't see anything wrong with him, he certainly has an accurate, catchable ball. I do think he should try to speed up his delivery, Moore's is pretty quick.

I really want to see the OL at full strength and see who shakes out at RG.

It's as hot as hell, plus I lost my phone charger so I apologize for the lack of twitter. I did find the charger so hopefully I'll be more active on there as Tattoo won't be there for the afternoon practice. Again, that's @Joat1977.

I'll have some more pics up here soon. Props to my bro for taking the pics and bringing the laptop to upload them with.

norwood makes me feel really good about the pass rush. that guy is going to be a beast.

I think Norwood is gonna be the steal of the draft even with Hardy doing well. 3-4 teams are gonna be kicking themselves in the ass for not drafting this kid. He was a monster for South Carolina and I expect nothing less from him here. He might not be as talented as Shawne Merriman but he is built in the same mold. Give him a year or two with some weights and he is gonna be something to deal with.

I was there Tuesday afternoon and it was hot. This is what I saw that I liked:

1. Schwartz looked good--has really worked on his feet. I would think he might be the the best reserve LT as well as RT.

2. Fiametta was running some RB behind Jackson and he didn't look bad--think we have a 5th string RB.

3. Norwood and Hardy. Both will make forgetting Peppers easier. Both (yes, Hardy) have motors that won't quit. I think Hardy has the right position coach for him. Norwood is just a football player and he would find a way to beat you if you put him at nose tackle.

4. Our sixth and seventh round draft choices. I really like Stanford, but McCain is scrappy and tough, like Munnerlyn. Pike has improved 100% since OTAs, but is below the other 3 considerably (IR bound). Gettis is a stud athlete, and his hands need a bit of work. I think Stanford might make the roster. I guess it all depends on STs, but if Jarrett is cut, Gettis has a chance as well. Pugh has been impressive to me, and is securing a S spot. Might be the first S off the bench.

5. The DL: Louis looks good to me, and so does Tyler. After that, Ed Johnson has flashes. I saw Irvin get penetration vs. Davis, but he didn't find the ball and react. After that, nothing. In all, I was expecting little, but loved what I saw from Johnson in flashes (It was humid and near 100 degrees). Considering Brayton will move inside on occasion, I feel we have 3-4 capable DTs. I think we will look to sign 1 more DT after cuts. I give a lot of credit to the coaches for the positive early returns on Johnson, Norwood, and Hardy.

6. Jamar Williams is (without Davis) a top 3 LB on this team. I was also very impressed with Connor vs.the run. I think Williams takes the SLB job from Anderson.

Dislikes:

7. Dwayne Jarrett: He did nothing wrong, but did nothing to separate himself from the pack of rookie WRs. He looks lanky and slow, still looks to me like he is thinking while running. He did have a few good blocks.

8. The WRs, especially Armanti Edwards. Edwards is just very rough. I am losing hope that he will help much in the immediate future. However, long term, he should be fine. LaFell is good and blocks well. He dropped an easy ball in drills. Surprisingly, Dexter Jackson had a good play and showed his speed in 7 on 7 (I think) and Wright had a good catch or two. K. Moore will help and is a pleasant surprise, but if we cut Jarrett, we could be in no shape to scare other secondaries this season.

9. The QBs. Until the WRs start looking good, the QBs will struggle. Everybody is so new, it is not real pretty to watch right now. I see moments, however, that suggest the future is bright.

10. PUP--too many key players are not on the field.

QB's- Moore looks solid and is far and away the best and the most consistent. Clausen is doing well and looks to be getting a little more comfortable, but still checks down a lot. Cantwell looks good as well and I think he and Clausen are interchangable at this point with Pike being noticably last.

Just since it's relevant...

On if quarterback Matt Moore has taken hold of the leadership role:

"I think it all started last year. People forget, he was the guy the last five games and he grew in that stretch. I've seen him grow this offseason; I've seen him grow in this camp. At the end of the day, we're all evaluated on what happens on game day, so time will tell."

Moore is also the loudest making the calls, never have any problem hearing him aubidle or make adjustments. Even on the far end of the field you always knew who the Mike was without looking while Moore was in.

Thought it was interesting that in the afternoon practices Duke Robinson was with the 1's at RG and the two DT's were Tyler and Johnson- certainly no size disadvantage with those two in the middle.

Hardy and Norwod, it was mentioned before but it bears repeating- these kids can get after the passer. Norwood was impressive Monday and today getting thru the heart of the OL, right up the middle. Hardy demolished a TE with a spin move...but lost contain and gave up some yards on a QB scramble by Clausen. During kick coverage, at 75%, Hardy was the first one down the field ahead of the gunners.

Lefell looked good today, had some nice catches. One was in a tight window, one hand along the sideline between Wilson and Martin.

Good bit of time on ST's again. Not liking what I'm seeing from the kickers. There were some kicks into the endzone but they weren't deep and had very little hang time. These kicks would have been costly in a real game. Baker and Carter were doing the kicks before the jugs machine took over.

Steve Smith as doing drills with his hands on his own, catching the ball back handed, etc, etc. He and Moore seem to have a very good rapport already. Steve was the only one other than DLo to participate with fans at all after the second practice. I got his autograph on a retired panther onesie for my son who turns 1 on the 18th. DLo was giving out Panther silly bands or whatever the Hell they're called.

Ask questions and I'll probably remember more.

Personally I don't have a lot to go on, they were in shorts when I was therein Monday. Naturally he looked a little slower, but so did most.

He did have several catches on the day, didn't drop anything that I saw as either a WR or KR/PR.

App fans are f'ing annoying, I do know that now-without a doubt. They're more cult like than Oregon fans and that's saying something.

I think our defensive line is going to be better as a whole than last year. I'm still worried about WR. Lafell is going to be at least serviceable but we are going to need to get something out of Edwards this year if we are going to make a run. Either that or they need to get Goodson out there catching passes.

Archived